Part 2

Devyani looked at her granddaughter who was angry and helpless at the moment.

"Anjali bitiya don't be upset. I will talk to Khushi's parents. We will tell them what kind of people they are. We cannot simply sit and watch that people destroy the life of an innocent girl."

"I don't think there is any use nani. From Khushi what I came to know is her family almost finalized everything and that poor girl was emotionally blackmailed to say yes. I really want to help her nani. Shall I talk to chote? Maybe he can do something to stop Shyam."

"No Anjali bitiya. Don't talk to chote now. First you tell me something. You really like that girl?"

She looked at her Nani and answered immediately.

"I love her Nani. It is impossible for someone not to love her. She is like a sister to me. I already told you know nani about her past and her foster family. "

Anjali's sighed helplessly.

"Then how about visiting Gupta house with a proposal?"

Anjali leaned back against the recliner as she processed her grandmother's words. She wanted a girl like Khushi for her chote. Selfless, intelligent, innocent, lovable and beautiful. But knowing his brothers allergy to middle class people she hesitated to talk to him about it. Also at first Khushi's family wanted her sister Payal to marry first. So she pushed her thoughts aside at that time. But now when they are considering proposals for Khushi maybe she can talk to chote. But how will she stop Shyam?

"Anjali bitiya leave Shyam and his family to me. I will handle them. And we will ask panditji to take the proposal to Gupta family. Once he talk to them, we will go and visit Gupta family. "

"But Nani it is not easy to stop Shyam. You know how.."

Devyani stopped her in between.

"Bitiya trust me. You call Panditji and ask him go to Khushi's house tomorrow with the proposal. I will handle the rest. "

As Devyani walked away grabbing the landline receiver from the side table, Anjali closed her eyes and recalled Khushi's words from this morning.

She was on sick leave for the last 3 days. She found it strange when Khushi didn't call her once to enquire about her foot injury. Today morning when she called, Khushi started crying badly. Khushi explained about the sudden turn of events in her life. The name and details of the groom left Anjali shocked.

He did not tell Khushi that Shyam is her ex-husband. But she wanted to help her. But she didn't know how. So she talked to nani. Now when nani assured her that she will deal with them, nothing is there to worry.

Her thoughts shifted to Shyam Manohar Jha- her ex-husband. One of Nani's friends brought his proposal. Shyam was the only son of a wealthy businessman based on Lucknow. He was not interested in their family business. He was an advocate. Arnav did a background check on him before marriage which was satisfactory. They got married in few months.

On their suhaagraat Shyam suggested they should take their relationship to another level only after understanding each other well. He did not touch her even after three months of their marriage.

She always felt something was not right in that family. Her doubts were confirmed when she overheard her in laws conversation one day.

She came to know that her husband was homosexual. He was already in a relationship with a man from many years. His parents wanted a heir. The orthodox mentality of his family was not ready to accept their son's truth. So they forced him marry to a girl to maintain their reputation in exchange he can continue his relationship with his partner. His family's selfish deed ruined her life.