Part 5

Madhumati looked in envy at the luxurious arrangements done for the wedding reception. Every single thing reflected the wealth and power of Raizadas. Arnav and Khushi looked at the cameraman, arms linked, with identical smiles on their faces.

"Truly exuberant and grand, that flower decoration stage is what dreams are made of!" One of the guests exclaimed from her back.

"The canopy of hanging flowers in the backdrop along with glass panels and large flower vases makes this stage decor look romantic! " another girl added.

"Leave all that and look at the bride and groom. They look perfect together. "

"The girl looks so young, but she is very beautiful. No wonder Arnav fell for her."

The conversation between the girls continued and Madhumati rose from her seat and walked towards the exit door. She didn't want to hear more.

This was the life she wanted for Payal. The life of a princess. But that girl ruined everything as usual. As she walked through the corridor, She noticed Payal walking towards the swimming pool area alone.

Why was she going there alone? Madhumati thought silently and followed her.

She saw a male form approaching Payal from the back. What was going on here?

When she recognized who the man is and he is not a threat, Madhumati hid behind the pillar.

"How many times I have told you not to come behind me ? I don't like you." Payal sounded angry.

"Oh really? Then why were you jealous when I was dancing with Saniya?" Akash asked with a smile.

"I was not jealous. "

Akash stepped closer to Payal and looked into her eyes.

"Payal I really like you, Please tell me what is the real problem here. I know you like me too."

"Akash we belong to different worlds. it is not going to work."

"Bhai and Khushi bhabi also belonged to different worlds, but they are married now right?"

"But your mother will never .."

"Ohh So my mother is the problem here. "

"Akash, In the past few weeks we met many times and I really like your company. Spending time with your family gave me the chance to know your family members as well. And your mother is searching for a sophisticated and modern girl for you. She has already planned everything for your wedding. She will never accept someone like me as her daughter in law. And from what I heard you will never disobey your mother. I don't want to involve in a relationship when I can see there is no future for us together. So please understand and stop calling me."

Akash took her delicate hand in his big one.

"Payal I liked you at first sight when I saw you at that bus stop. You were helping some school kids to cross the road. I tried to make a conversation with you many times. But you ignored me every time. When you realized I was waiting for you everyday at the same place to meet you then you stopped coming there. I was so happy to meet you again after few months when I saw you with Khushi Bhabi. As Khushi bhabi is already married to Bhai, it will be easy to convince ma. We should give a chance to our relationship Payal. We can explore what is between us."

He tried to convince her.

"You saw what happened during Moohdikhayi right? Your mother doesn't like me and my sister. No need to waste time on something which is not going to happen. Please leave me alone Akash."