Part 4

She heard from elders that the first meal you cook for your new family must be perfect, as it will be an unforgettable memory for you, your husband, and your in-laws. It is believed that the sweet dish will add sweetness to your relationship with everyone. After making aloo puri and carrot halwa she went to the dining door carrying the dishes followed by Hari Prakash.

Everyone was waiting in the dining hall for the breakfast. She wished good morning to a smiling Akash, mamaji and Anjali. Her husband's face was blank as usual. She wondered why he was wearing formals? She served breakfast to everyone and waited for their opinion.

"Khushi bitiya sit and have breakfast with us. Hari prakash will do the rest." Nani told her with a smile.

Khushi occupied the seat next to her husband and served herself.

"Arrey wah Khushi. Aloo puri is yum. " Anjali told her with a bright smile.

" Haan bitiya. Its really nice. " Nani agreed with a smile.

"You didn't now that your husband doesn't eat oily food in the morning? Arnav wants toast for breakfast. "

Manorama mami's comment erased the smile from her face.

"Maa... Bhai is having toast everyday know. For a change he can have aloo puri. Also it is prepared by his wife so he will definitely eat it. No one can ignore such a delicious aloo puri. Hain na bhai?"

Akash tried to lighten the mood.

Arnav simply nodded and started having his breakfast.

"Khushi bitiya afternoon some guests will come for the Muhdikhayi ceremony. So after breakfast go and take rest. Hari Prakash and the cook will handle the kitchen."

"Ji nani"

Everyone finished the breakfast and she felt happy when Arnav asked for a second helping. She asked Hariprakash to serve the carrot halwa to everyone. And for Arnav she served halwa from another bowl.

"Oho again.. Do you even know your husband is diabetic? He cannot have sweet. " Manorama accused her as if she commited a sin.

Anjali told her that Manorama was not happy with this alliance as she wanted her friend's daughter to marry Arnav. Arnav refused that proposal and decided to marry Khushi which made Manorama angry. Maybe she is showing her dislike because of that.

"Mamiji I know he is diabetic and I have made separate sugar free halwa for Arnavji. " Khushi replied politely.

" Manorama you don't have to sit here with a magnifying glass to find mistakes. She came here yesterday only. It will take time for her to understand everyone's likes and dislikes. And Khushi bitiya it is very nice of you to make separate sweet for chote. After this come to my room, I need to give you something "

With that Devyani left the dining hall leaving a frowning Manorama.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Khushi was happy that everyone loved the halwa and aloo puri. When she visited Nani, she gave her a beautiful diamond earing as gift for her first rasoi. Even though Manorama was pissed off mamaji gifted her a gold coin.

She sat on her bed and thought about her husband. He did not say anything about the food she made. But she know he liked it. He saw him eating a second helping. Anjali mam told her that her chote will not talk much but if we look through his actions we will understand what he meant to say.

When mamiji said he doesn't like aloo puri, she felt sad. But he ate nicely and told her with his action that he liked aloo puri. But why couldn't he say atleast a word to her like nice or good?