one

3rd person pov
sunday ; 5:45 pm
home

lexi cooper sat on the couch, inside of what she called home. she was going through a picture book. a family picture book.

it was her normal sunday. derick, her father, would leave for work around 5:30 pm, giving lexi free time until later that night when her dad would come back from work.

most of the time, she would sit and look at old family pictures, like she was doing now. her dad never allowed her to take them out when he was around because of the memories and hatred towards rose, her mother, and his ex-wife.

lexi stayed, starring at a single picture of her mother, herself, and her father. they were on a family vacation, one her father had saved up for two years, just so they could go on it.

the three of them were sat on a bench, the grand canyon surrounded the back of them. arizona. the one place her parents were happy together. the last time she remembered them happy together.

weeks after their trip, derick had found out about rose and her hook up with a man named ward cameron. the man lexi came known to as sarah, rafe and wheezie's father.

ward was a good man. he had his downsides, but he lived his life like everyone else. lexi didn't know whether she liked ward, or didn't, but that didn't matter now. now all she had to like was her father. that's all she had.

lexi put the picture down. she wanted to cry, but she couldn't. lexi doesn't cry anymore. she's to numb to cry. to pretty to cry. to bitchy to cry. lexi doesn't cry anymore.

—♡—

it's been a year since she last saw her mother. a year since she last saw john b, or kie, or pope, or even jj. it's been a year since she last saw sarah or topper, or rafe, or kelce or even ward. it's been a year since she last saw anyone she cared about besides her father.

lexi doesn't text or call, or answer texts or calls. sarah and kie have called the most out of any of the people she used to know. john b and pope are runner ups. jj hasn't called once or texted once. he doesn't care about her, and she doesn't care about him. it became neutral when lexi tried to call jj the second day she had been gone, only to find her number was blocked from his phone. that's when she decided, they both hate each other. well, setting aside the crying for three hours, eating a whole container of ice cream for another hour, then watching sad movies for another six hours, after that she realized she hated jj maybank, and he hated her.

—♡—

lexi cooper stood from her position on the couch and walked into the small kitchen of her home. it was messy, things everywhere, shit all around the counters and table. the table they should be having family dinner on every night.

lexi walked over to a single drawer and pulled it open, digging through it, finding a single white lighter.

she flicked it on, making sure it would light, and shoved it into her pocket. she walked back to the couch, grabbing the family picture from arizona and walked out the front door of her home.

lexi looked around, making sure there was no one around, which was a stupid move since there was never anyone around.

she knelt down and placed the picture on the ground, looking at it. she put the tip of the lighter to the edge of the picture and flicked it on, letting it light the picture on fire.

lexi cooper watched her family picture burn, burn until it was just ash, black dusty ash. that's what her family turned into. so that's what she turned the picture into.