sixteen

wednesday ; 11:26 am
coopers pov

"i have a massive head ache." i told kie as she sat crisscrossed on her bed.

"you drank to much last night huh?"

"way to fucking much. i almost polished off the bottle."

"you are definitely insane. but that's okay, i know what can heal you're suffering."

"let me guess? water?"

"well that, but, the boys, we are going surfing today, and i was wondering," kie started but i cut her sentence off.

"no. nope. i don't want to see jj."

"shut up and let me finish." kie let out a small chuckle, "jj works today. he'a got a new lawn cutting gig and he works from 1:00 - 6:00. so i promise, he will not be there."

"he got a job?"

thinking that jj actually had a job made me want to giggle. i mean don't get me wrong, it's a normal thing, but jj actually helping someone random person he didn't know, it really makes me want to giggle.

"he did. he loves it. says it's nice seeing all the hot chicks on figure 8."

once kie had said that, she realized her mistake and quickly apologized. "i didn't, i mean."

"kie, it's fine, really. good for him." i sent her a genuine smile.

as long as he's happy, i'm happy.

—♡—

at about 2:30, i had taken wards car to john b's place. before i did though, i called kie about seven times just for her to promise me those seven times that jj was not going to be there.

if jj was there i would expect things to go horribly. i know the first time jj and i see each other aren't going to be good. jj is going to want to yell at me and i'm going to want to yell at him. we both are going to want to get every thing off our chest in that moment. and now was not the time. the time was for me and pope, kie and john b to all hang out and talk about things.

i pulled up to john b's, getting out and grabbing my board that i had stuffed in the car. big john was standing outside in the front where i had parked, so i talked to him before going into the chateau.

"has it been better with ward and rose since you've moved back?"

big john was the same. he was still the happy go lucky dad that i met last summer.

big john was always my favorite. he never had a bad thing to say about anyone.

"yeah kind of. i'm still the odd ball, but it's better. rose calls me by cooper now so that is a plus."

"and how about rafe? i know he likes to give you a hard time."

"oh not good at all. he hates that i'm back." i chuckled at the thought. "he actually told rose and ward that i'd be better off living with you and john b."

big john chuckled, "well you're always welcome."

"coop?" pope came running up to me, kie and john b following behind him.

"hey guys."

john b didn't say anything once he got up to me, he just pulled me into a hug. it definitely took me by surprise, but i hugged him back.

"someone has definitely missed you." kie giggled and she pried john b off me.

"you're never leaving again. i swear." john b mumbled, sending me his famous grin.

"i promise. this time i'm staying. i'm staying as long as you guys are."

"well we aren't ever leaving so, guess you're stuck with us!" pope stated as he pulled me into a hug as well.

"alright, you kids go have fun!" big john said, pushing us all away to john b's van.

we all walked over to john b's van, kie and i both in the back.

"so, can i ask, how come you came back?" john b asked out of curiosity.

"john b." kie said trying to stop him.

"no, no it's okay, really." i looked at john b in the review mirror, "my dad passed away."

"oh, i'm sorry. i didn't know."

"like i said, it's okay." i shrugged, "it was going to happen anyway, i mean, he had been drinking for quite some time now. plus he was just very unhealthy in the first place, so it wasn't to much of a surprise."

"i'm sorry we couldn't be around when that happened." pope stated, looking back towards me and kie.

"that is not at all your guys' fault. i am the one who pushed you all away. you guys couldn't help it."

"i know, but we could have tried harder, you know." pope spoke again.

"you know what, guess where we all are now? together again. we are all happy, all living life. let's not dwell on the past." i grinned at them all, happy with my statement.

"good point." kie smiled at us three.

"we really missed you, coop." john b commented while pulling into the beach.

"i missed you guys too."

—♡—

"so are you still good at surfing?" pope questioned as we watch john b catch a wave.

"i'm better." i winked at him.

"i won't believe it until i see it."

"try me."

i ran over to the water and got in, laying my board down and getting on top of it. i started to paddle out into the water, getting deep enough before i pulled my self to my knees. i wanted to be able to catch a wave first try, just to show up pope.

i quickly got to my feet as my board grabbed a wave, and started to surf under the wave. it was always a complicated thing to do, but for the most part, i always got it.

once the wave hit the shallow side of the water, i rode the wave onto the sand, smirking at pope, and now kie who was shocked.

"damn, you definitely still got it."

"as always."

"hey, that was pretty damn good." john b observed as he came running up to us.

"thank you." i high-fived him, "pope, your turn."

"i need a good luck."

"good luck, and don't fall on your face."

pope rolled his eyes and ran into the water, kie following him to catch her own wave.

i missed these guys. i'm glad i was back. it was like things haven't even changed. except one thing.