twenty five

"you heard him say that to right?" i asked as kie was sat on my bed as i was looking for a swim suit.

"definitely. he definitely said that." i looked over at kie and she had the biggest smile on her face. she seemed proud of jj and the fact that he said something nice to me.

i continued looking for a swim suit while kie looked out the window. once i had found one, i ran to the bathroom and put it on.

"do you think pope brought it up to him? i know he heard that too." kie questioned as i walked out of the bathroom.

"i couldn't be sure. but if he did, would that cause a problem? i mean jj has been on edge with pope and john b since i arrived i feel like."

"he has, but it's more because of the situation with his dad. this has been happening before you came back." kie and i walked down the stairs of my house.

"oh." was all i said.

jj's pov

"you definitely called her beautiful. i even heard it." pope fought.

"i did not, you heard nothing." i stood up and grabbed some more wood to put into the fire seeing as it was dying.

"wait, did i miss something?" john b raised his eyes brows at pope and i.

"yes. while you were over there talking to ward, jj over here called cooper beautiful. his exact words were, 'you're still beautiful to me.'"

"for real?" john b asked me.

"maybe, but don't make it a big thing. okay? if you make it a big thing it'll just get weird."

"i won't. but dude, that's a step with her." john b smiled at me.

"we'll see. if something were to ever happen, that shit will be taken slower than a damn turtle. i don't want to ever feel what i felt last time."

"awe, jj's in his feelings." pope mocked.

"shut up." i pushed pope backwards in his chair.

"woah, whats happening here?" cooper said as her and kie came walking up to us.

cooper was in a red swimming suit. her hair was down against her shoulders and she, for some reason, had a pair of sunglasses on her head. do you think she noticed the stars in the sky? and that the sun went bye bye? it was amusing to say the least. sometimes cooper was so weird, but i loved that. it made me so proud of her that she could do what she wanted and not take nobodies shit.

"jj pushed me over." pope complained as he rolled out of the chair he was in and stood himself and the chair back up.

"hey, he asked for it." i put my hands up in defense as kie and cooper laughed at us.

"you guys are so weird." kie commented, "now lets go swimming!"

kie jumped into coopers pool, fully splashing cooper.

"i haven't even gotten in and i'm already soaked." cooper stated looking at kie.

that made us boys laugh and get an idea. we didn't even have to say anything before we all started to take our shirts off and run to the pool, jumping in and splashing cooper even more.

"you are all so obnoxious. i hate you all." cooper playfully yelled at us making us all chuckle at her annoyedness.

"get in!" kie yelled to cooper.

cooper walked over to her chair and laid her phone and sunglasses down on it. she took off her sandals and then walked over to us.

"should i do a front flip?" she asked and instantly the boys and kie said yes.

cooper looked at me. i think she was waiting for my approval but i wasn't to sure. i smiled up at her and nodded. "don't mess up."

i watched as she tried to hide a small smile that formed on her lips and she shook her head.

cooper went to the edge of the pool and faced us. "alright if i fuck up, remember the number for 911 okay?" we all let out a chuckle at her comment and then she flipped, landing into the pool.

she went under for a couple of seconds, coming back up and taking a breath. she had a gorgeous smile plastered across her face as everyone cheered for her.

"good job." i said, giving her a high-five like everyone else.

"thanks, jj." she said, taking me by surprise. the last time i actually heard her say my name, we were fighting. i liked the way my name rolled off her tongue when we weren't fighting.

—♡—
coopers pov
10:30 pm

the five of us were all sat in my hot tub drinking. we didn't plan on drinking but ward, surprisingly gave me a case that he found in rafe's room. he was just going to get ride of it but said as long as we all stay here tonight, we can have it.

i don't think kie, jj, john b, or pope wanted to actually stay the night due to others that live in the house, but beer was beer and free beer was free beer, so they all agreed.

kie was next to me, pretty much playing footsies with me under the water while the boys had their own conversation about john b's boat and how it wasn't running properly.

kie and i had no interest in the boat and its mechanics so we were making our own distractions.

"my pinky toe." i complained as kie bent my pinky toe back on accident.

the boys stopped talking and looked at me confused.

kie and i looked at eachother and started laughing. "ignore us." i said as we continue to laugh, and play footsies.

"girls are so weird." pope stated.

"so are boys." kie mocked him making jj and john b laugh, but then stop as they realize that was against them as well.

"hey wait, boys are great. we are amazing people." john b spoke up defending males.

"no." i shook my head and giggled at them.

"i think i'm pretty great." jj raised his eyebrows.

"you wish." i mumbled, still giggling.

"tell me one reason why boys are weird." john b questioned us girls.

"you guys have to aim for things in the toilet to actually not miss." i said.

"and boys pick their noses, no matter what age." kie spoke.

"oh and you guys smell your shirts to make sure they are clean before putting them on, and sometimes even if they are dirty, you'll still wear them, depending on how they smell." i continued.

"okay fine, but you guys are still weird too." pope stopped us from going any further.

"we really aren't. i think the weirdest things girls do is maybe rewear a bra over and over without washing it." kie stated.

i looked over at her and lightly slapped her, "don't tell them that."

"do you actually?" jj asked amused.

i shook my head and smiled giving away my lie.

"i would say that's nasty, but i can't really say much." jj let out a laugh.

"okay how about we are all just weird? let's embrace it." john b dramatically said.

"done deal." kie splashed the boys. which then turned into a splash fight.

it was definitely a good night.

jj and i are kind of getting a long, which makes me pretty happy because that was probably the biggest problem that was occurring in my life.

tonight was needed. it was needed for all of us.