thirty two

cooper's pov
HMS pogue
TWO WEEKS LATER : 3:40 pm

"i'm starving!" john b complained as we were all on the HMS pogue.

"here." jj said shoving a newly caught fish in john b's face. "eat this, it'll make you feel better."

"that is absolutely disgusting." kie stated standing up and moving away from jj.

"jj put it back." pope said pointing to the water.

"are you guys seriously afraid of a wet fish?" jj rolled his eyes.

"no jj, we're afraid of dry fish." i commented, throwing my fishing line in the water.

"here give it a kiss." jj stood up from his seat and walked over to me, shoving the fish in my face.

"i will literally shove it down your pants, jj." i looked up at him.

"you couldn't if you tried."

"you're probably right, but get it out of my face." i shoved it out of my face.

"nope. i think it likes you." jj moved it even closer to me.

i glared at jj, then noticed pope standing up behind jj. pope had an evil smile on his face. i knew what he was getting at. jj was so close to the edge of the boat and pope was going to push him in.

"fine." i planted a kiss on the fish and jj stood up from his leaning position satisfied. but then pope pushed him in.

jj fell into the water, the fish finally being released as well. once jj came back up from the water, he got to witness all of us laughing at him.

"ha ha very funny. pope, i'm getting your ass." jj pointed at pope as he got back onto the boat.

"bonnie and clyde." i mumbled to myself as i shook my head.

"so true." john b sparked up next to me taking me by surprise.

as john b and i had a small conversation about how badly kie messed up his fishing rod, we heard kie say something about dinner at the wreck and it caught both our attentions.

"i'm so down." john b smiled over at kie.

"me too." i nodded in agreement.

the wreck
6:12 pm
jj's pov

"so what did you guys talk about two weeks ago, you know, after the light house?" pope leaned into me as he shoved a fry into his mouth.

john b, pope and i were sat in a booth at the wreck. the girls ran off to help kie's dad with something. i think it was dishes.

"nothing really. we kind of just called everything a truce." i shrugged at the two curious boys.

"you're lying." john b said, "he's lying," he said to pope.

"for real jj. what did you talk about?"

i rolled my eyes at the two. "fine." i shoved one of pope's fries into my mouth. "she asked me if she thought things would ever work out between us two. i told her that i thought so. then i tried to kiss her."

"WHAT?" pope held the biggest smile on his face.

"you tried to kiss her?" john b repeated.

"yeah. but we didn't. it's to soon."

"well duh." pope shook his head at me.

"hey man, i just miss her, alright?"

"yeah but like, you tried to kiss her." john b spoke.

"i'm not having this conversation anymore." i shook my head at them. "what is taking them so long?"

"awe, jj misses his girlfriend."

"not my girlfriend. i'm just bored."

"we're not that boring." pope stuck his finger at me.

"yeah, you are." i repeated his actions.

us three sat and waited for cooper and kie to finish with their help. pope started to throw fries at me, which lead to me kicking his shin under the table.

"ouch. what was that for?"

"jj, be nice." cooper said walking back to our table.

i stuck my tongue out at both cooper and pope and they rolled their eyes.

coop sat down next to me in the booth and i put my arm around her shoulder. i know we both kind of wanted to take things slow, but i craved her touch. i craved anything she gave.

coop grabbed my hand with hers and smiled at me. i smiled back down at her and kissed the top of her head.

she makes me turn into a pussy.

but i was okay with that.

cooper's pov

"so what's our plan?" kie asked.

"surf?" pope asked.

"the water has got to be freezing." john b shook his head at popes idea.

"boat ride?" jj asked.

"we just got off the boat." kie stated.

"drink?" john b threw in.

that seemed to get everyones attention. "i can get some beers from my place. pope you come with me. john b, coop and jj you bring the boat back to the chateau." kie said.

jj saluted kie and we all got up.

us five walked out of the wreck, jj, john b and i continuing our walk to the boat as kie and pope left to go to kie's house to get beer.

"it's fucking freezing man." jj stated as we got onto the boat.

"yeah it's definitely not the warmest tonight." john b agreed with jj.

i let the two talk as i played with the tiny fish in the water. soon they disappeared after john b started the boat.

i sat and watched as my reflection turned to ripples. the moon glaring down at me down. the moon was always a pretty sight. the tan color reflecting off the water. it was gorgeous.

"what are you thinking about?" jj asked as he sat down next to me.

i looked over at him, "the moon." i shrugged my shoulders at him.

"what about it?"

"well for one, it absolutely beautiful."

"like you." jj threw in before i could continue.

"shut up." i pushed his arm, "the moon and the sun are a pair, right? they are always talked about together. but if you think about it, they are nothing alike. i mean they are so different from one another."

"that's what you were thinking about." john b spoke.

"yeah kind of, it just kind of popped into my head." i giggled at the two boys. "anyway, let's get drunk tonight, yeah?"

"for sure." jj whaled next to me.