Chapter Two

"Where will we go?" my heart is racing and my eyes dart for anyone who might tell on us.
"How bout I take you somewhere special hm? Lets do something exciting!" The smile on my face falters ever so slightly. I should've expected that. He doesn't notice the fact that my smile disappeared for his is ever so bright. Taking out my phone I see a text from Libby, My friend from history.

Libby :)

Where are you? class started five minutes ago!

I shut my phone off. Not bothering to reply as Atlas takes my hands and begins to pull me away from the building. I wonder where he's taking me.
"Atlas where are we going?" im getting agitated now. I dont want to get in trouble.
"Well first, we are going to get ice cream, my treat-"
I cut him off, "Atlas its literally 9am. Who eats ice cream at 9am."
"Cool kids, duh." It earns a small giggle from me, I wont lie. He can be so dumb sometimes. Once again he pushes his hair out of his eyes, he really needs to get that cut. The walk to the ice cream parlor isn't long, its a rather small town with Preston High right in the middle. On one side you have the not so fortunate, that's where Atlas stays. On the other, you have people who have a bit more money, like me. The ice cream parlor is located on the not so fortunate side of town, which can be dogdy but it has the most wonderful views sometimes. Like the Preston bridge, a large bridge that separates the dodgy side of the less fortunate, and the not so dodgy side. I've always been told not to go across that bridge, for that's where the 'bad men' Lurk for girls like me. In my opinion, its a load of bullshit. But I'm not one for breaking rules.

"Then, we will go somewhere secret." I roll my eyes, he's always one for a good secret or two. Soon enough we find ourselves outside the ice cream parlor, the fact that I'm still skipping school hasn't left my mind.
"Will we go back to school later?" it was a question I had been dying to ask since we left. This time it was Atlas' turn to roll his eyes.
"No. Its a whole day trip Aurora, you gotta loosen your strings. Your always so uptight." A scoff escapes my lips.
Im sorry I want a good education, No. Im not going to start an argument right now. We are going to have a good, fun day.
I laugh it off and he does the same. I wonder how many more of his stupid jokes I'll have to laugh off today. We walk into the parlor and I go to order but he interrupts me. "Can I please have one vanilla and one cookie dough cone please?" I forgot I told him my favorite is cookie dough, how did he remember? Such a little thing but it made my heart completely swoon for him all over again. How he does it? No idea. I watch as the woman makes us our cones and Atlas hands his money over to the man at the till. I shouldn't have let him payed. I felt bad.

Soon enough we are walking in a direction I wasn't sure off, I've never been this far past the school before since what my mom told me about the men, I mean apart from going to Preston Bridge. "Atlasss, are we almost there yet?" He laughs and shakes his head. "You really are like a five year old sometimes. But yes, its only minutes away." As we stop our walk I realise that we are at Preston bridge. I lick my ice cream cone feeling the soft delicious good go down my throat. Atlas had already finished it.
What the fuck how did he finish it so fast?
He grabs my free hand and I feel butterflies fly throughout my stomach. We've been dating a year and I still get butterflies at everything he does. Incredible.
"Cmon." He swings on off his legs over the bridge and my heart drops, he doesn't wanna jump in does he?
Preston bridge was at least 20 feet tall with a deeper lake at the bottom. Surrounded by tall trees.
"Surely not. Atlas your not jumping In are you?"
"Yup I am, and you are too. Cmon."
I look at my clothes and lick my cone again.
It was one of the rare days I liked my outfit. Even though it was simple, leggings and a hoodie. The hoodie was colour block and cozy as fuck. I don't wanna get it wet.
"What about my clothes, they will get wet, and the water is surely freezing."
Don't be boring Aurora. You're so uptight.
I feel sick as the words repeat in my head.
"Take your hoodie off, and the water won't be that cold. It's basically summer!" For the third time today, he pushed his hair out of his eyes.
"Why don't you get it cut?" I say, I mean don't get me wrong I loved his long hair I just wanted to get out of jumping into freezing water from a 20 foot bridge.
"Don't change the subject Aurora. Why don't you realise? This is your only life! Why don't you want to make the most out of it? You need to stop playing by the rules all the time!"
I guess he had a point. But my parents would kill me if they found out.
"Will you hold my hand?"
"Until the end."
And so I took of my jumper and followed him, letting the cold wind push through my bra. He had seen my body before, but we have never, you know...
"What if people see us?" My heart was pounding and I shivered as a blast of wind came, making me wobble.
"They won't, no one comes here during school hours."
"Atlas, I'm scared."
"What's life without a little fear?" I look down, the water was calm and no rocks laid where we were going to jump.
And so we did.
The fall lasted only about 3 seconds but as I fell it felt as though I was in slow motion. A scream escaped my lips as I grabbed Atlas' hand tighter. Whilst I screamed his laughter mixed in and it felt like a song. A song of two people madly in love, one afraid of everything. The other? Invincible.