Chapter five

I awake to the sound of my alarm clock and the memories of last night flood my head.
Failure.
I felt sick, looking over to my alarm I see the flashing red numbers 7:36 AM.
I was behind schedule, I probably won't have time to do my make up. Or my hair for the matter of the fact. I need to leave for 8. I shove on a pair of black jeans with a hoodie and throw my hair up in a messy bun before going downstairs.
My dad had left earlier today and my mum sat at the kitchen island.
"I'm sorry for skipping school." No reply.
Grabbing an apple I leave the house, not bothering to turn back.

I got to school late today, mainly because I didn't want to ask my mom for a lift. She scared me when she was mad. Once again as I walk through the hallway people smile and wave and I return the action as I pass.
Although something felt different, I hadn't seen Atlas. He normally meets me before my first class but today he didn't.
I wonder if he's mad.
Wait. Think logically here Aurora. Why would he be mad? In the one who got yelled at, I'm the one who got slapped.

It was lunch, still no sign of Atlas. I know it sounds stupid but I miss him.
I sit alone and look at the tables around me, everyone's laughing with their friends. Everyone looks happy. I'd normally be with Libby at lunch but she's off today, which is just great. As my eyes flutter over the canteen once more I see the familiar brown haired boy I've grown to love. He's talking to some of the guys he's friends with. I can't help myself. Standing up I walk over to the table that he's sitting at and stop when I get around a foot a way. He doesn't even look up although I know he sees me.
What is this guys problem!?
"Um, atlas? Can I speak to you a minute please?" I say twirling my hair between my fingers. Why was I so nervous?
"Whatever you can say to me, you can say In front of the boys." My heart drops. Why is he acting like this. You know what? He has no reason to be angry, fuck being nice.
"Atlas what the actual fuck is your problem!? We had an amazing day yesterday and you don't even bother stopping to say hi at all today?" His face looked shocked, then it soon turned to anger.
"My problem? What's your problem? All of a sudden you just start ignoring me!" People look over, I don't care,
"When the hell was I ignoring you? It's bullshit and you know it!" He stands up suddenly making me stumble and take a few steps back. His friends mutter a few words and oo's as he does so.
"You lying bitch, you saw me waving to you at the front gate. I called you seventeen time's last night FUCKING SEVENTEEN." I flinch as he shouts and he must notice because his voice slightly lowers.
"I text you so many times and you didn't reply. I was worried, I thought you got kidnapped on your way home, or worse. A fucking text would have been appreciated."
I feel my cheeks flush red, not In the blushy good way either. The tears are going to start. Atlas has never yelled at me before. He knew I was sensitive too it. He promise not too.
"I-" I couldn't get any words out, it's like my mouth was full of water and each time I tried talking I choked on more water.
I couldn't help it, so I left.
He didn't follow after me.