Chapter nine.

It was around 9 did I get home after dropping Atlas home, to my surprise, the lights were still on.
Not again.
Pulling into the garage I park the car neatly and walk into the house. My heart pounding with every step I take. Putting the keys back where they go I look up to see my dad standing at the end of the lit hallway. His head bowed and to be honest it was terrifying.
"Father I-"
He shakes his head and puts his hand up indicating for me to be quiet, I follow his order and he walks through to the sitting room. Me close on his trail. As he speaks his voice is quiet, a whisper almost.
"I thought I told you not too see that boy?"
I don't know what to say so instead of speaking I sit down and lower my head.
My heart pounds faster than before.
Each breath of air feels like I'm drawing in rocks. Nothing is helping, i can't breathe.
⚠️TRIGGER WARNING- PANIC ATTACK⚠️
Why can't I breathe? My hands sweat as I tap the side of the sofa I sit on.
My chest burns whilst my eyes blur, and I shiver although I feel as though I'm on fire.
"D-Dad..." i'm scared, what the fuck is happening to me.
His look off anger, for what I see, turns to sympathy as he slowly walks over and kneels before me.
"Honey? You're having a panic attack, it is ok. I'm not going to yell at you." For the first time in months his voice isn't threatening. For some reason this makes me cry even more. Tight sobs leaving my lips as I try for all my might to catch any sort of breath. My throat feels stuffy and tight. I hate this.
"Aurora look at me." My mom speaks up this time and I look at her brown eyes in which I took for my own.
"Mommy I'm scared." I felt as though I was a little kid again, the feeling was comforting. She kneels down next to my dad and strokes my hair, I've always loved getting my hair played with.
"Breathe with me okay? In for three..." and so I follow her instructions breathing shaky with the sound of her announcing numbers in which decrease and increase.
My mind starts to clear of the fog that had taken over and my hand stopped tapping. The stuffiness in my throat is slowly disappearing and a sudden wave off tiredness hit me.
⚠️TRIGGER WARNING OVER⚠️
"You okay now bumblebee?" Another childhood name which disappeared as I got older. It felt nice hearing her call me it again.
"What just happened? I hated it."
"You had a panic attack, I'm sure you know what they are. I nod not leaving my mothers gaze.
I normally hated eye contact but it was just so comforting. She sits up and gives me a side hug, still playing with my hair.
"You're okay now Aurora. Nothing can hurt you."
Smiling I look over to my dad, his eyes laced with tears. Wait. What?
"I'm sorry Aurora. I know I shouldn't control you. Your basically an adult in a couple of years. I just wanted to protect you and now I realise that's not my place, but atlas'. I know how much you love that boy and it's not my place to say wether you are to see him. I just...You're always going to be my little girl and a father is meant to protect his little girl. I took my place and power to far. I apologise."
I jump up from the couch my legs still wobbly from past events and hug him. I haven't felt his touch in years. The smell of his rich cologne filled my nose and I began to cough at the sudden smell, making my parents laugh.
Maybe, just maybe we can be a happy family again.