Chapter twelve

Welp boys, this is the final chapter! Thank you so much for all the support yall have gave me through this story. It's honestly out of this world. I love you all, stay hydrated <3

Dear diary,
It's like I've been floating on a cloud. Everyday I've spent with him has been just amazing no matter the consequence. Even when we argued my heart swelled with love for him. I am his soulmate and he is mine. It's like, we're made for each other, you know? He gave me a new nickname, his 'little sunflower'
It's adorable.
Sunflowers always look at the sun, hence the name, they are drawn to it.
I am his flower, he is my sun.

He hasn't text me today, which is weird. For the matter of fact, he didn't text me yesterday either. What the hell? I know he said he wouldn't he able to talk but I didn't think he meant completely. I mean it's normal to go a day or two without talking but my heart still shivered at the thought. I look at the tv In front of me as the back track laughs at another cheesy joke. I tried not to check my phone but the feeling was much to overwhelming.
No new notifications.
I flip through numerous apps on my phone before going on YouTube.
The first video is a song, 'you are my sunshine.'
I've never heard that before. Turning it on I link it to my tv and the song starts.
Just as the singer began I get a phone call, the music doesn't stop as I pick it up.
"Hello?" It's atlas' mom?"
"Hi Samantha! Is everything okay?" She sounded hurt, her voice is croaky. I wonder why she's calling me.
You are my sunshine...
My only sunshine.
I look down and fiddle with my bracelet Atlas got me at the market.
"It's atlas...He..." Her sobs took over and I feel my heart sink. What happened? I hear the phone shuffle before Atlas's dad speaks up.
"I'm so sorry Aurora, Atlas passed away last night." I don't react. I don't cry or yell. I feel nothing.
"You're lying, give Atlas back his phone! This isn't funny Dave." I lied about the crying part, a tear rolled down my cheek.
Please be some prank, please please please. I can't lose him. We, we were meant to have kids and our cottage! What about our cottage?
"I'm so sorry Aurora. I'll leave you to process it."
I look at the book that laid open on my bed.
"Okay, well. I'll speak to you both later, I'm so sorry." With that, I hang up. The tears cloud my eyes.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.

3RD POV

Aurora walked over and opened the diary, she had to spill out her heart. Or what was left after he took most of it with him. So many unanswered questions rattled throughout her brain, but one stayed.
How did he die?
You'll never know dear
How much I love you.
As she flipped through her diary she realised she had no more spare pages, although she distinctly remembered she didn't use the last one. And so the girl flipped to it. Writing filled up the page, it wasn't auroras though.
It was atlas's.

Dear aurora,
I love you, if your reading this I'm most likely already gone. I'm sorry I couldn't explain, I'm sorry I couldn't tell you. You were my little sunflower I couldn't stand seeing you upset.
Long story short, I had a heart disease, I couldn't afford the surgery. I have like a couple days left but please don't forget me.
Maybe In another life we can have our cottage and those little kids.
I'll see you in another life my sunflower.
I love you.

As Aurora slid down her bedroom wall she knew that that was it. No more calls and no more kisses. She had just lost her world.
But In reality, he was just a boy.
And In reality, she was just a girl with too much hope In her eyes.
Please don't take
My sunshine away.