Finding the person that I made my wish for

2021
Missouri's POV

It's been 22 years since I've been made a museum at Pearl Harbor watching over Arizona's final resting place I've been seeing her crying since I first came into Pearl I couldn't protect her back then I just wish There was something I could do for her. Just then a mysterious storm came over me and just like that I vanished.

Azur lane World

Missouri: "Uh... where am I." Looking around I assess the situation

Missouri: "I guess I'm on my own deck. Wait how am I talking, more importantly, I'm picking surface contacts. How do I move?" Just thinking about it my entire hull turns into one just like that.

???: "Identify yourself!" 

Missouri responding calmly: "I'm Iowa class, USS Missouri BB-63."

Victorious: "I'm Illustrious class, HMS Victorious would you mind following us to base?"

Victorious's fleet comprises Repulse, Renown, King George V, Dido, Icarus, and Hardy

Missouri: "Sure thing since I'm about to head in a random direction."

After joining their fleet I meet Victorious.

Victorious: "So what brings you to the middle of the ocean?"

Missouri: "Well I guess you could say I came from nowhere since I was a museum."

Victorious responding curiously: "You? a museum I mean your a fine battleship."

Missouri: "Sure I was a great ship, but the age of the battleship has passed long ago due to the advances in weaponry rendering us all obsolete. Except for us Iowas thanks to our refit." My own radar is detecting aerial threats.

Missouri: "Looks like we got company, Victorious get your CAP up. One more thing keep your planes out of 1,486 meters cause it's going to get loud real fast don't want your planes caught in it."

Victorious: "Sure, but why?"

Missouri: "You'll see soon enough."

As soon as they're in range of my 5-inch guns I let loose all guns as soon as they hit 1,486 meters I open up my CIWS all of them were stunned by it. Soon after all enemy planes were destroyed and we continue to their base they also told me about their world history up till that point. Once we arrive they took me to see their leaders which are Prince of Wales, Illustrious, and Helena.

Azur Lane HQ: Office

Prince of Wales: "Who is she?"

Victorious: "She's the one I mentioned in my report."

Prince of Wales: "Sorry Missouri for being rude."

Missouri: "Don't worry about it. So who's going to show me around?" Just then we all hear a knock on the door.

Prince of Wales: "Come in."

The mysterious person opens the door.

Arizona: "Arizona reporting as ordered." I just couldn't believe my eyes, as to who I'm seeing. The very ship that I guarded her final resting place I couldn't help but smile at her sight.

Victorious: "You two seem to know each other?"

Missouri sighing in relief: "Well, that can't be said she doesn't know me but I sure do know her."

Helena: "Care to explain?"

Missouri: "Yeah. In my world when I became a museum on 29th January 1999, it wasn't the original idea for me to be there since I would overshadow Arizona's memorial which she helped pull us out of isolation. So to guard against that impression I was placed well back bow facing her memorial so that those participating in military ceremonies on my aft decks would not have sight of her Memorial. It also conveys that I watch over her remains after that attack, I shall not name since I think she'll be affected so her crew could find peace. So in a sense, I'm her guardian." By this point, everyone was crying a little even if they don't show it.

Victorious: "I never knew that part of your story if anything to me sounds like Arizona found her prince, just like Hood found Prince of Wales."  Arizona and I blush quite lightly but what she said is quite true.

Prince of Wales: "Jeez you don't have to put it that way, but like she said I agree with it."

With that comment, we both left the room. Arizona decides to show me around

Missouri: "Well Arizona, I'll be in your care."

Arizona: "Likewise if we're in combat."

First up we head over to Eagle Union dorm so I could have somewhere to sleep tonight pretty conveniently my room is next to Arizona's. Followed by the cafeteria and all the port facilities. From there we head for a bath.

Missouri: "Hah that hits the spot after a day ends."

Arizona: "It sure does. I want to ask but were there times that you weren't guarding me?"

Missouri: "Well there were only 2 times that happened. The first one from 14 October 2009 to the first week of January 2010 and the other was in 2012 when I was in a movie so they had to shoot some shots aboard me other than myself starring in the movie there were also USS John Paul Jones, USS Sampson, and JDS Myoko."

Arizona: "I see."

Soon after we left the baths headed for dinner, followed by a walk around the base, and to end the day we went to our own rooms to sleep. I'm just overjoyed that I could meet her since it was a privilege to see her in her former days, but since I arrived and became a museum in Pearl Harbor. I could tell that she was sad since her life ended just like that, my own wish was to hopefully see her in a world where she could be happy and not be sad when she could. From now on I shall do what I can to protect that smile of hers, soon after I went to bed.

Hi guys I'm back though I think it'll be the only book I'll release in 2021 since I've got lots to most of my other books to finish up with I guess 3 exceptions to it. How I came up with this idea was to me quite weird since I was only role-playing in my head, then I thought this could be a great idea since I really like USS Missouri and USS Arizona. I just never really gave it a proper thought until recently. Anyways I hope you enjoy this story.