Same Shit, Different Day

I walked into the office bathroom, I had on my shades and I had my long hair almost unfixable because I was in a rush. I locked the door, took off my coat and my hat. I looked in the mirror and there they were. The pink and purple marks of that beast of a husband. The last thing, I ever be needing during the week. I took a heavy breath, trying to hold back my tears. I blinked a few times and took out my make up bag.

I grabbed a paper towel and ran some cool water. I took off my coat but its was tough because we were fighting right before I had to leave. I took off the long black sweater, exposing my breasts to look at my body. I had a bruise close by my ribs, one on my stomach and one big one on my arm, closer to my shoulder.

I ached so bad, that I didn't have time to grab some medicine to take for the pain. "I can't believe that I am going through this." I said to myself. Then there was a knock on the door and I jumped.

"Um-- Someone is in here!" I said breathing hard and holding my chest.

"Hey Kayla. I seen you come in, you okay?" That was the other assistant and my friend, Bre. I cleared my throat and spoke as normal as possible.

"Hey Bre! Yeah, I'm good. I'll be out in a minute!" I said. "Are you sure?" She asked. "Yes. I'll be out in a minute." I said.

"Okay." She said as I heard her heels clicking away from the door.

She didn't know, what was going on behind closed doors. She knew I was married and my so called husband always portrayed himself to be a good guy. It sucked so bad that I had married a guy who went from a sweet guy, to a chaotic man. Within the span of our five year marriage, these last two years... pain, pain, and more pain.

I haven't even had time to grieve, I been trying to save myself and cry more because I am in pain. And I'm begging, crying and trying to defend myself. Then I'm left terrified to shit, terrified to tell anyone. I sometimes be feeling like I'm being watched, I stay closed up in the house and only step out with him if I needed to run anywhere. The only time I have alone is work and home, I have no outlets. Bre is one of my closest friends and my other friend Kammy, she works in New York so we chat every now and then.

After I placed the paper towel under the cool water, I gently tapped my bruised up areas, including my face. Its stung me so bad that I could feel the pressure. My heart sank even more because my face is always the main target. Just below my eye was a scratch and cheek above the cheekbone was starting to swell.

I took out everything I needed including some concealer and tried to doctor up my face but still have my make up look natural. As I felt my body get calm, the adrenaline started to leave my bones. And the worst yet to come, the extraordinary pain that I felt. It went from my leg up to my stomach. I had to think of a whole lie to tell Bre, the reason is because I am not trying put anyone in my business. I do love my husband but he just treats me so bad. I just wish I knew why I felt this way but I can't.

After another thirty minutes of getting myself together I walked out of the bathroom. I walked to my office room and I spotted Bre. "Bre!" I said.

She completely stops and looks at me. And she came only nearly running into the room. "Hey girl. You gave me a scare, Amy had came to me and asked were you okay." She said.

"Amy needs to sometimes learn that not everyone are okay on a Monday.. because it's a monday. But look I have to get the meeting set up for Thursday for our product type. " I said and she bobbed her head up and down. Then she wrote everything in her notepad. She got ready to leave and she looked at me again. "You sure that your okay? You look like you don't feel good." She asked

"Well, if you don't mind, I need some tylenol and some water. I have a huge headache." I said.

"Okay." She said as she hurried down the hall. I got on my computer and had two emails come in. One from the head boss asking for extra hours to get the prints done but this is the part where I have to break this down to Julius. The other email was from my coworker letting me know that she will be back in next week. She had a baby about a month ago, so she had to heal some.