Aftermath

Michael

What a turn of events that I am now finally getting better with healing myself and healing the woman that I love. Kayla is my world and I have yet to uncover more about her. She is precious, we cook, clean, play fight, everything plus more. I can't count on how many times I got a boner just from looking at her. These past few months she is starting to sprout more and more daily. And then she is happier than I have ever seen.

Two months ago, she got an attorney due to her being married to Julius and by him making her sign a prenup, she was able to keep everything she owned and she got her last name changed. The law is different here in California so for her to pay out one huge lump sum to speed up the process it passed very quickly and now she was at peace. We went to court and seeing Julius after these past few months, I could see the daggers pointed at both of us and yet, he never argued, he agreed so easily with everything. And of course, you got the non verbal but angry facial expressions from him after the judge granted a one point five million dollars to cover the hospital costs for the both of us and a restraining order in place just in case. 

What the catch is that I could never underestimate anything he ever did. I still had to stay on guard but not only for Kayla's safety but for my own.

I was on my way back tonight because I got another deal this time in Spain. I wanted to celebrate with Kayla by giving us both a two week vacation. Once I made it in the driveway, I placed the security gates on lock before I used my keys to unlock the door. The smell of roast beef hit my nose immediately and my stomach cried with hunger. I hadn't ate since this morning so I was pretty hungry. I sat my keys and my bag down. Walking to the grand kitchen up close by a humming individual who sparked my interest everyday. Kayla was dress down in her shorts and tank top with the bunny slipper I had got her. Her hair was down and her back was turned as she was stirring the red skin potatoes. 

I wrapped my arms around her gently whispering sweet loving words in her ear. "Hi baby. How was your day?" I asked. 

"Better now that you are home. I completed another house and the timing is perfect because dinner is almost ready. So, if you will can you wash your hands and set the table for us?" she said giggling. "Yeah about that.. How would you like to enjoy the sun and the beach? A night under the stars?" I asked. 

She turned around as I grasped her waist line. "Do what? You got the deal didn't you?" her perfect smile widen as I nodded. "Oh my Gosh! That's great baby.. where?" she asked. 

"Spain and we are leaving tomorrow to celebrate and to get from the house for awhile." I said and she laughed. "Ooo.. where we heading. That's so good sweetheart." she said planting a kiss on my chin. "Hehe.. I know you don't like surprises but will the Bahamas work?" I said and she screamed kissing my lips multiple times. 

"Of course!! Yes my baby is doing the damn thing. Oh Michael, I love, love you." she said and she pushed her body against mine. Her beautiful lips smashed into my own. The kiss deepened as i rubbed her back side enjoying every second. "I love you more baby face." I said as I turned on my heel after winking and went to wash my hands. 

I set the table and she brought the food to the table. We shared a kiss and we prayed over the food. As we ate, the roast beef was tender and juicy. I looked at her as she ate. I remembered how she told me when we first met that Julius wouldn't let her eat anything that she wanted. I got tickled, "Baby?" I said as I looked at her. "Yes baby? Why are you looking at me like that?" she asked. 

"Well, first, you got some sauce on your bottom lip.  And I was thinking about how you told me when we first met. How you know, you couldn't eat what you wanted but now.. your tearing up that roast beef. " I said and she cracked up laughing.