Another Chance❤️

Omniscient

Kayla slowly opened her eyes. Soreness in her chest, an ache in the middle from where the hospital staff and surgeons pumped her stomach. She thought she was gone but she dreamed of her parents or so she thought. With a tube over her nose she was confused because she thought she wanted to die, she felt like she did. Or was she? As she tried to move, she felt a pull next to her. Michael's head was laying next to her leg as he was fast asleep. He had a hospital band on his wrist, looking down at her hand where his laid, she also had a hospital band on her wrist. That's when she finally realized, they both was at the hospital.

Instead of moving any further she just laid back and relaxed. She didn't feel nervous as she tried to remember the last of the events of what happened before she took all those pills, she was blind sided. Her thoughts landed on Julius but it was blurry so she stopped thinking about it... Well she tried. She looked over to Michael as his small snore was the small quiet noise she heard, she placed her hand on his hair, smally massaging her hands through his curls, she closed her eyes thinking about how he made her feel. Through the course of just one week, then two, then three weeks, he made her feel happy and he did his best at encouraging her. He uplifted her, his smile took away the pain she felt on the inside.

Michael jerks a little and moved just a tab, awaking on his own to her touch, he lifts his head up. Rubbing his big now, pinkish eyes, he looked around a minute before his gaze went to Kayla.

"Kayla, oh my God, your awake." He said as tears flowed through his eyes and he kissed her on the cheek and laid his head on her chest. He sobbed deeply as she cried with him.

"M-michael." That was all she could get out. The sadness cascaded the room for about thirty minutes. He sits up wiping his eyes and holding on to her hands tightly.

"I thought you were gone. I tried to wake you." He sobbed, "You didn't move." He said. She nodded as she kept trying to dry her tears but she failed.

"He would not let me escape. So my actions took over me. I felt like I had nothing left when I snapped at that stage. I'm sorry. He tried to kill me for saying that I wanted a divorce. I just-- I'm so sorry." She said.

He clutches on to her hand again. " Please promise me that you will never to that shit again. It's over, they got him in custody." He said.

She looks back down at his wrist. " Michael I promise but why do you have a hospital band on you?" She asked him.

"Uh.. we got to fighting by the bedroom door and he tricked me by stabbing me. I passed out and when I finally woke up. They said that I had lost so much blood, they had to give me two blood transfusions and we been here for a week. You was in a coma for awhile after they pumped your stomach. I had begged them to let me stay with you. I told them I was your brother." He said.

A few more years fell from her eyes. She messed up when she brought Michael in this situation and she felt bad.

"I'm so sorry, I dragged you into this. And you got hurt because of me." She said as she leans back in the hospital bed, looking at the ceiling.

The doctor walked in and he smiled. Michael and Kayla looked up as he walked in.

"Hello, I'm doctor Joe. How are you both feeling?" He asked

"I'm doing fine." Michael said as he looked at Kayla. "I'm okay. My throat still kinda sore. But I feel okay." She said.

"Well that's good. Well Kayla, as you know, we had to pump the Tylenol out of your system and we put you in a coma to give your body time to heal. Now if I may ask do you suffer from a type of depression disorder of any kind?" He asked.

"Um, no I wasn't diagnosed with depression. After my parents' passing, I did fall into that stage but it didn't get this worst until two years after my marriage. I was getting abused everyday, physically." She said.

"Okay. Well I'm not going to make you give me full details. Domestic violence is a common known fact for women your age and sometimes it's really hard for the spouse who is getting abused to find help. Now, I did get a few details from your brother Michael here and I managed to accommodate both of you with a restraining order against your husband. I'll allow the officer come in before you leave and get both of your signatures. Also, he has been apprehended and been sent to the county jail. He's being charged with domestic battery, one count of assault on female, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, and two counts of assault with inflicting serious injury. Now, I am the head doctor of this firm, I would advise you to move out of town to some place safe, both of you. I don't know what will happen in court but if you want to come to his sentencing you may but I would advise not to and just wait for the lawyers to contact you." He said.

With this information Kayla is relieved. Michael however had some much anger in him and with a smart guy like Julius, he knew that this wasn't the end of him. He was fed on a silver platter and he knew that with this information, he could still get out really easy. He only nodded as the doctor continued to speak.

"Now, Kayla if you want to stay here in town, I would advise you to moved out of your current place. Find a new place to start over, a lot of women who have dealt with years of abuse, picture violence mentality and still feel all the emotions when left alone. Change the scenery." He said.

While Kayla pondered on the thought of moving. There was only one place she thought of going and that was to her parents mansion in California. She always wanted to be back home and it's been too long.

"California." She said as the doctor looked up from his notes. " Excuse Me?" He said.

"My parents owned a mansion in California but I had moved this way before I got Married to Julius. He doesn't know where that home is. I think I'll move there. And brother, if you would like to come too. I have plenty of room." She said as she looked at Michael. He only smiled at this because he too, own some property there.

This was Another Chance.. End of Chapter..❤️❤️❤️

Hope you enjoyed this Chapter.. let me know in the comments below.