Falling For You -Short

I was laying down in the bedroom part of the plane. I had so much shit on my mind. The part of me being open and honest to Michael made me think about my marriage. It wasn't about the evidence I shown him or the fact that I was looking for sympathy. I chose to show him that the abuse wasnt brand new.. this was my reality. I couldn't show them to just anyone so I didn't feel bad for letting it be known.

Michael rests on the couch and I felt bad for him to sleep there. I wrapped myself in my robe and opened the door. I walked down the aisle and I spotted Michael looking at his laptop, while stretched out on the couch.

I cleared my throat.. "Um Michael?" I said as he looked up at me. He was eating gummy bears and leaving all the red ones out.

"Yes? Are you okay?" He said as I approached him and he chewed so cute.

"I can't really sleep. How long are you going to be up?" I asked.  He grabbed the bag and sat them Infront of me, "I can't sleep yet.. have some?" He said.

"I'll take the red ones, they are my favorite but I have ate none in years." I said as he handed me the red ones that he placed on the side and I got the rest of them out the bag.

"Savage.. you like the red ones huh?" He asked. I nodded in satisfaction, throwing one in the air and catching it with my mouth.

"Yes. I love them. I just don't eat junk food like I used to.. Julius hates me eating junk food. I miss it so much.." I said.

"Well get ready for some soul food. Cakes, pies, pudding. You name it, I love junk food... Why wouldn't he let you eat what you want?" He asked.

" My figure.. he think that women who get too thick.. will end up being bigger than the average women. Every now and then I'll sneak a cupcake from the vending machine, but I'll work out later on or whenever I had time to." I said.

" There's nothing wrong with your figure. He just think that another man will look at you differently than he does. And when I say differently, I mean the beautiful figure that you have. A real man don't hide his woman, he shows her off, to let it be known that she's his." He said.

I looked down at my hands and then back up to Michael's eyes. "I just don't understand Michael.. What did I do wrong?" I asked.

" Kayla.. you didn't do anything. Julius just doesn't know what kind of woman he has. And is about to lose. And I am being honest!" He said.

" Oh. You like me?" I asked him and he stared at me for a minute. " You okay?" I asked.

He nodded his head, " Kayla, I think I am falling for you. And I know it's early but I have a feeling that I found someone who I can adore and love the most besides myself." He said.

" Oh.. it's just hard to explain. But it's a love at first sight for me.. even though I am married." I said.

" To a man who downgrades and beats his women. And he doesn't care but is doing all this bull shit so you can't fall in love with another man." He said as he took a sip of water, flicking his tongue on the inside of the his mouth.

"Can we take it one day at a time?" I asked him..

He smiled really wide.. "Of course. I will always be here for you Kayla. This isn't going to be easy but.. I am willing to go the distance with you." He said.

"Okay... I'm going to head to bed.. when you get ready.. will you come and lay with me?" I asked.

"Yes, I will be there. I wouldn't let you sleep alone since.. you know." He said.

I nodded and headed back to the room. I took off my robe and I texted Bre to let her know I was heading out of town for business. And I would call her once I landed. I got into bed and it hurt to lay on my back so I laid on my side. Staring outside the window in the night sky, I fell asleep.