Chapter 18: Graduation Suprise

A few months later

*Nicole's POV*

I was walking in the hall with Zadia and she was excited about graduation and so was I. It would suck not graduating with Aubrey though. We had always planned on graduating together and going to college starting out lives together.

Zadia: "So are you going to the graduation party?"

Nicole: "Maybe.."

Zadia: "Come on Nicole. You got to go to one  more party before you go. Tanner and I are going, please?"

Nicole: "I guess so. Um..I'll go"

Zadia smiled and we walked up to Tanner and talked with him since class was going to start.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Everyone was at the school early for graduation rehearsal.  I scanned for Zadia and found her she seen me approaching and waved me over smiling.

Nicole: "You ready to do this?"

Zadia: "I'm a little nervous."

Tanner met up with us and we all stood and listened to the teacher instruct us and we went through the rehearsal. 

Tanner: "I can't wait to graduate tomorrow"

Nicole: "I'm with you."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Zadia's POV*

Today was graduation day. I had my hair  done up really nice french braid over my shoulder that my mom did with a few stands that hung loose. I was so excited I was standing with my Mom and Dad talking when I felt someone hug me from behind the waist.  I gasped in shock and then giggled and my parents chuckled. I looked to see Tanner and he gave me  a quick kiss and then slipped his arm around my shoulder.

Tanner: "Hello Mr. Jamison and Ms. Jamison."

My mom smiled. I still felt weird knowing that my mom had come back into my life but she was trying and I appreciated that.  I looked over to see Nicole looking at the table with the cupcakes.

Zadia: "I'm going to go see Nicole I'll be right back."

As I walked away I heard Tanner mumble

Tanner: "I wanted to ask you something."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

*Nicole's POV*

I was looking at the cupcakes and was about to grab one when a hand landed on my back.

Zadia: "Don't do it"

I turned and smiled at her.

Nicole: "I wasn't gunna do it."

Zadia: "Yeah you were."

I chuckled and we talked for a little while and I looked around at everyone in their cap and gown. I don't know why but for some reason I scanned hoping to see Aubrey in a cap and gown but I knew he wasn't there. Which made my heart hurt all over again.

Zadia: "You alright?"

Nicole: "I just miss Aubrey."

I hung my head.

Zadia: "Nicole McCrory do not start crying I spent twenty minutes on those eyes"

She scolded me and I chuckled. We smiled and started to talk until we were told it was time to go.