2

I've been watching him the whole night, but he hasn't once looked at me. Or really been involved much in our conversations except for when Johnny says something to him. I wonder how Melody came to know him since he's so reserved. She's such an extrovert so they're polar opposites from what I can tell. 

"Ok guys let's play truth or dare." Lisa suggested. The typical exposure game. And here I thought we were supposed to be studying.

"Heck yeah!" Melody responded. Oh no, that means I'm gonna have to play.

"Ok I'll go first," Jiwoo started.

"Hmm, since it's her first time with us, Viola, truth or dare?" I'm gonna play it safe.

"Truth," I said.

"Are you a virgin?" She asked. 

Why would she ask a question like that. I'm not going to sit here and answer that in front of people I just met.

"Uhh. I don't really want to answer that." As I said that I could see the frustration perk up on Lisa's face. They're kind of bold I can see.

"Come on nobody cares if you are or not, we just wanna know." Lisa said.

"Well, I just don't want to say." I said back.

"Viola come on-" Jiwoo started.

"Don't pressure her. She doesn't want to answer." 

My eyes and ears took me and everyone else to Lucas who still sat more to himself than he did with the group. Lisa scoffed at him but I appreciated him speaking up for me. 

"Yeah, guys let's move on, Lisa truth or dare?" Melody asked, moving on with the game. I looked back over to Lucas who still held his head down. I hope I get to thank him later tonight. 

...

It's now 2:05 in the morning and everyone except for me was getting ready to leave for the night. As they all gathered their things I noticed Lisa already had her bag strapped on her and was heading over to me.

"Hey, I didn't mean to put you on the spot earlier." I just smiled and nodded. 

"We're having another get together tomorrow around 5, you should come get frozen yogurt with us." Jiwoo came up beside her. 

"Yeah, sure that sounds fun." They smiled and gave me hugs before walking away. I kind of don't know about them right now. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Johnny tapped my shoulder and said his farewells along with Jeno as they walked out with Lucas tagging behind them. I tapped his shoulder however before he could get too far away.

"Hey Lucas," He turned around slowly, and finally I was able to look him in his face. 

He's so handsome. 

"I wanted to say thank you for earlier.  That was kind of a personal and inappropriate question to ask in front of a bunch of people." He nodded as I waited for him to say something else.

But he didn't. Johnny called after him and soon enough they were all in Johnny's suv and heading away from Melody's house.

That was really disappointing. I was hoping I could get more from him but I guess another time will come for that. Me and Melody began cleaning up her living room before bed.

"Hey, can I ask you something? It's about Lucas." She smiled.

'You think he's cute don't you." She raised her eyebrows up and down causing me to laugh.

"It's not that. I wanted to know how you met him." She threw some chip packaging in the trash bag in her hand.

"Oh, well, he's Johnny's adopted brother. Basically, Johnny's parents got him from an orphanage and raised him in Chicago with Johnny. But their parents left them when they were like preteens so Johnny has kind of raised him. "

"Oh. Do you know why?" She shook her head.

"They don't talk about it. And I only found out because Johnny told me once that they weren't around but he used to talk about them as being alive. So I just came to the conclusion that they left."

"Well since we don't know for sure let's get back to the main point here. Does he...talk at all? Lucas I mean." I asked carefully.

"I've only seen him from afar be his full self when he's alone with Johnny. Other than that, he's just kind of quiet. You wouldn't get much out of a relationship with that." She shook her head as we wrapped up cleaning.

"That's not what I want I just...wanted to know." I guess tonight he just did for me what any other person would have done. But Johnny nor Melody did it. 

I'm starting to get really interested in this boy, and he hasn't even said more than a sentence to me.