4

"He really did that for you?" Melody asked as I told her about what Lucas did for me at sweet frog.

"Yeah. You can ask Johnny if you don't believe me. Actually don't ask him, I don't want him thinking I like Lucas or something." I sat on her bed and looked through her jewelry that she was sorting.

"I mean...do you?" She asked.

"No! I mean, no. He's just quiet that's all. He's interesting to me." I looked up at her to see her smirking at me. It made me laugh.

I don't have a crush on him. Or do I?

"Look you need to give me all of this." I started putting some jewelry in a ziplock bag to take because i know she didn't want any of it.

"Take all of it actually." See that?

"How about this. I'll get Johnny to throw something at his house and that way maybe you and him can talk more, ok?" I didn't agree immediately because I don't want it to be like she's trying to match us up or anything.

But I do want to get to know him better than just his voice and his face. So I agreed.

"Ok good now come on I need you to curl my hair for me." She walked to her bedroom bathroom.

I rolled my eyes at her inability to learn to do things for her own benefit but being the good friend I am I went to curl it for her.

...

"Hey, I just talked to Johnny. He said just come over tonight and have a late-night hangout sesh." Melody threw her phone on the bed and plopped down next to me.

"What? Like, now? It's 10:30 in the middle of the night." She laughed and got up grabbing her go-bag.

"Girl you act like we have never done this before. Your mom doesn't mind as long as you're with me so we're good." She's right though. My mom trusts me with her.

"Ok fine, I've got to pack a bag, and then we can head over I guess." I grabbed my items so she could take me past my house to pack some things.

...

After we got our bags together we headed over to Johnny's house. I have to admit I am a little bit nervous to try and talk to Lucas tonight after that yogurt incident. I don't want to give him the wrong impression but, I can't help but to want to know more about him.

"Look I can feel your nerves all the way over here," Melody said.

"Just ask him something like, if he plays sports or something." She shrugged. I already know what I'm going to do.

"I'm going to just thank him for what he did for me and then hopefully everything will flow." I nodded. Yeah, that's all I need to do. I just need to have hope that I can have a conversation with him.

"Come on barbie let's go party." She sang as we pulled into their driveway.

We grabbed our bags and headed up to his door. He was already opening it when we reached it and welcomed us inside.

As we walked inside I looked at where everyone was sitting. Jiwoo and Lisa were in the main part of the living room on their phones laughing about something. Probably at someone. Jeno was sitting on the couch where Johnny had walked back to after letting us in.

And then there was Lucas. At the back of the room on the couch by the window. It looked like he was writing something.

Me and Melody placed our bags by the staircase before she went off to talk with Jiwoo and Lisa. I stood in my place trying to figure out how to approach him. Well there really isn't any other way other than just walking up to him. So thats what I did.

"Hey Lucas," He looked up from his notebook and closed it.

"Hi Viola." He said.

Why did my name sound so good coming from him?

"What's that?" I asked as I made my way to sitting on the couch putting some space between us.

"I'm just writing." He opened his notebook again and etched some things on the sides.

"Oh really? I write too. Can I read some?" I asked. He was hesitant. I hope I didn't mess up anything by asking.

"I really don't share my writing. Sorry." He said lowly. I nodded quickly and gave us a little more space. I'm probably making this worst.

"Oh no worries. No pressure." I said. He nodded and lifted his head at me.

Why isn't he looking away.

Can he please look away.

"Um, well I wanted to say thanks for helping me yesterday with that mess. I don't know what was going on with that." I chuckled to lighten the nerves I felt near him.

Aghhgg why do I feel like this!? I don't even know him like that.

"You're welcome." He pulled a very small and subtle smile.

That's it. I've got to get up before I embarass myself.

"Well I'll let you get back to that." I smiled and he nodded before going back to his writing.

I got up and walked over to Johnny and Melody who were now sitting next to eachother.

.....

Later on that night it was really late when everyone decided we would finally settle down for bed. We placed tons of blankets and pillows on the floor. Fortunately Johnny has thick carpeting so it won't be so uncomfortable. Jiwoo and Lisa shared a spot on the floor. Johnny and Jeno and Lucas slept next to eachother with Johnny in the middle.

Me and Melody slept in the center of the floor. And of course, I end up sleeping on the side that faces Lucas because Melody wanted to sleep facing Lisa since they were still talking but quietly.

Fortunately Lucas' back was toward me so I wouldn't have to be tempted to stare at his face. I put in my headphones and played I smile by Day6. That song is such a seratonin boost.

I closed my eyes imagining myself riding on a tour bus with them. I am so thankful for imagination.

After a while I felt myself getting dorwsier and drowsier. I cut my phone off and placed it aswell as my headphones underneath my pillow. I closed my eyes for good now and drifted off.