3

It was now 4 o'clock in the evening and time for me to get ready to see Melody and her friends for frozen yogurt. Maybe I'll get Lucas to talk more today. I put on a basic hang-out outfit and walked downstairs to see my mom doing my little sister's hair.

"Mom I'm going to see Melody for frozen yogurt in a bit, do you have a dollar?" I asked her. Better to be cheap at first to get a sure yes.

"A dollar?" She laughed at me.

"Grab a few more than that out of my purse in the kitchen." I jumped up and ran to get some money for my yogurt. Neither of us mind me not working, but I do want to try to look for something soon. I went back upstairs to do my hair and got my bag ready to head out.

...

I drove my car, that I got as a graduation gift, to the sweet frog that we would be meeting up at. When I pulled into a parking space I noticed that everyone except for Melody and Jeno was sitting at the table. 

"Hey guys," Everyone greeted me. Except Lucas. He only looked up at me and went back to whatever he was looking at or thinking about.

"Where's Melody and Jeno?" She's normally the first to arrive at these things.

"Oh they couldn't make it today. She must have forgotten to tell you." Johnny said.

It might've been just me not checking my phone. So I pulled it out and sure enough, she texted me 30 minutes ago saying that she was caught up at work and couldn't get off this late. I don't know about Jeno. I did just meet him along with the others.

"Oh that sucks. Well did you guys want to go ahead and get some yogurt?" They all agreed and we headed inside to get our yogurts.

Once we came back outside we sat at the same table and started talking. I sat next to Lisa and Jiwoo and Lucas and Johnny sat on the other side. 

"Ok what's the best animal impression you guys can do?" Johnny asked. I noticed Jiwoo whisper something to Lisa before Johnny started talking again.

"I can do a rabbit pretty well." He pulled a funny face and ate his ice cream with his front teeth which made me cringe at the feeling he must have felt with that, but it made Lucas smile. 

He has a very nice smile.

"I can do an octopus," Lisa said. And suddenly she started flailing her arms all over the table. The next thing I knew my yogurt was in my lap.

"Woah," Johnny said.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry." Jiwoo was trying her hardest to hold in a smile, and it took everything in Lisa's power not to laugh. 

"Are you kidding me?' I said to myself. Something in me told me she did that on purpose. But I didn't want to assume.

As I got up to get myself cleaned up, Lucas was getting up with me and grabbed my arm. He began pulling me to Johnny's car and opened the passenger door. I wonder how many car Johnny has. He didn't drive his suv this time.

There were some wipes in the glove department that Lucas pulled out and he handed them to me. After I got cleaned up he gave me his jacket to wrap around my waist. The shock that I experienced from his gesture must have been written all over my face. I could tell by the way he took a quick glance at me and quickly looked away.

"Thank you Lucas." He nodded again this time and gave me a damp towelette to get the white color out of my pants.

"You're welcome." He said.

Wow. His voice has so much depth.

 I looked at him again and this time he didn't look away. Why was he acting so nice all of a sudden? I mean I did hope that he would but I didn't want it to take an embarrassing moment like this.

"We should head back." He said before walking away. I tidied up a bit more and closed the car door before returning.