One

It was the sound of a piano that got his attention

It was the sound of a piano that got his attention. The unused music room door was cracked open as he made his way with his family towards the lunch room. It's old timely melodious sound drifted in perfect tune and tempo as the song played on. He knew this song to be Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven.

Edward peered into the room a girl sitting in almost darkness. The cloudy daylight shone threw the dusted windows as music books lingered about.

She was beautiful in an ordinary sense. Her skin was light, her features were delicate, with brown hair that was half tied with a yellow bow and hazel colored eyes. Her lips a soft pink, and the smell that radiated off of her was like tasting liquid gold in fresh honey. Her clothes, although modern, had a vintage feel to them as she continued to play.

But her mind, her mind was a mystery. It felt like an echo of his own thoughts, or of those around him. But no matter how hard he tried, nothing left, not even a linger of her voice of thought.

Edwards mouth pooled with venom as her smell gravitated around him. He wonders why he hasn't noticed her before.

She loves to play the piano. It was something she picked out all for herself while her sister took dance lessons so many years ago. Falling for the euphonious sound that plays when you push the right keys at the right time.

Wendy was easily over looked. She had no close friends, her interests were old timely music, photography, and cars. She loved the cold weather of Washington and prefers chocolate as a snack.

She'd get lost when she played a song she knew by heart. Watching her fingers as they danced along the ivory keys, her eyes can be closed and she'd still play it perfectly.

Wendy never really noticed other kids from her school. She was in her own world most of the time, too busy to notice a pretty face or a handsome gentleman. Much like the one who had completely forgot to follow his siblings and instead was hypnotized.

She looked over towards the door, and saw a face that was the essence of Grace.

"Sorry." Edward said, stepping into the room.

"For what?" She asked him, as her body turned towards him.

"I didn't mean to interrupt." He spoke so soft, "Excuse me." He then left in a hurry, leaving the girl, who went back to playing the piano.

"Hey what happened?" Jasper asked as he walked towards the table.

"I have to go." Edward said scratching the side of his nose. "Alice?"

"Who was she?" She asked having already made a sketch of the girl in question.

"Trouble." Rosalie said as she eyed the only single sibling.

"We just moved here." Emmett, commented placing an arm over his significant other. "How much trouble can one girl be?"

Wendy was late to class. She had gotten caught up playing the piano, that's when she realized lunch was over and she missed half of her fifth period.

As she timidly knocked on the classroom door, other students began to laugh when the teacher reprimanded her. She gave a quiet apology and took the only available seat left.

She's seen him before, walking around with a much shorter girl, skin just as pale, hair short that pointed in every direction.

Wendy gave him a polite smile "Hi." She hummed out, that was their whole conversation.

Jasper on the other hand struggled not to smell her. If his brother Edward was tempted, he sure would be as well. But it was her emotion that calmed him. She was like a walking calming medicine to him, and Jasper rather enjoyed the feeling.

Edward watched as the girl with sweet smelling blood, hazel eyes, and a bow in her hair get picked up by a police cruiser.

That night while the house of two slept, he found out she collected cameras. Old ones, knew ones, some in between. She had a wall of film and photos she's taken, and her closet was turned into a dark room.

He learned that she had a record player with old timely records next to it and an electric piano next to that. A few music books, binders full of sheet music from classical pieces, film scores, and adapted notes.

He learned she was working on a car. Trying to figure out what modifications she wanted and how to build the one she had in mind.

Edward chuckled at her horrible sketch. But again it was her mind that drew him towards her. Calm nothing.

Wendy woke up, feeling as though someone was in her room. Her eyes stayed on the figure as it walked around. Though she wasn't sure if she was still dreaming or not.

"Are you real?" She asked. The boy stood frozen. "I've seen you before, haven't I?" Yellow eyes shown back at her before the figure was gone and a gust of wind followed. Wendy was interested instead of scared.

How can one fear death if one is already dying?