Twelve

Wendy was restless

Wendy was restless.

Wendy was anxious.

Wendy was thrilled.

Because while she sat in her room with a short pretty peach fairy tulle dress with black flats and a black coat, she carefully curled her hair putting half of it up with a bow to match.

She made sure her eyebrows were plucked, her eyelashes curled, and added hints of blush. The last bit was the pearl necklace she refused to take off.

Gold earrings she got as a gift one Christmas of little butterflies, a gold charm bracelet with a butterfly and a moon on it, and last was a fake gold cameo ring of a lady with pretty glass diamonds around it.

It was easy to see that Wendy loved the older styled clothes, the vintage jewelry and the timeless songs that made you believe in love stories.  It was a shame she had another nose bleed right before her date.

Edward, much to his dislike, had on the cardigan sweatshirt, thin blazer and slacks that Alice picked out. Her constant droning about how she cant seem to see the girl aside from the first time Edward met her.

But, like the gentleman he was raised to be, he kept his mouth shut and let her ramble on. "I'm going to pick her up now, we'll talk when I get back." Edward said excusing himself from the house.

"I want to hear everything about it." Alice said following behind him.

"You will." Edward gave her a smile.

"What did you plan?" Jasper asked while Edward took fast steps down towards the car.

"I didn't. She planed it." He couldn't help the smile that starched over his face while he pulled out onto the main road.

With a knock on the door and Charlie holding a gun, he let the boy in while they waited for Wendy to finish up. "She'll just be a moment." Charlie said as he continued to clean his gun.

Wendy was in her bathroom trying to wipe any remaining blood from her nose, from her chin, from her collar bone, having already heard Edwards car pull up.

"Hey." She said with a smile as she came out from her room. "Sorry for that, you ready?"

"You look nice." Edward said with an elegance that just made her heart jump.

"Thank you, you look nice too." She blushed walking up to her dad, "I'll be back by ten." She placed a kiss on his cheek as they walked out.

"Wendy, " Edward stopped her before she can make it to his car, "Seeing as how I've no idea what you planned, why don't you drive?"

"You're letting me drive? Your car?" She couldn't stop the smile that spread over her lips, "Edward Cullen is letting me drive his car?"

"Ok, ok." He nodded handing her the keys while also still opening the door for her.

"Here's we are." Wendy said pulling into the parking lot.

"Pottery?" Edward asked with an amused smirk.

"Today is a free build. So, I'll make you something, and you make me something. The catch is, we can't see what it is. So we'll be back to back." She said. It was an odd idea, but to come from her, he'd expect nothing less but sheer unpredictable perfection.

So they did.

They sat with their backs pressed up against each other, Wendy's rested nicely within the slope between his shoulder blades.

The instructor explained the different tools, like the sponge, the string, the little sculpting tools, the peddle that turns the table top. Mystical music that should belong to an old tavern in medieval time played in the background.

"How are you doing?" Wendy asked as she wiped a stray hair from her sight. Leaving behind a smudge of grey clay on her cheek.

"Well, Alice isn't gonna like the mess I made on my shirt." He mused looking at the few speckles and splats of clay.

"Didn't you put on the apron?" Wendy asked moving to turn and look at the back of his neck, seeing no fastener there.

"There's aprons?" Edward asked looking around to see everyone but him wearing one. It was worth it, to hear her laugh like apollos harp, knowing she throws her head back and wrinkles her nose.

By the end of the night, they two walked out with little cardboard boxes that held their hand made creations, having already exchanged their gifts. Edward drove her back to the Swan residence.

"Today was fun. Thank you for that." He said looking down at her with dark yellow eyes.

"I'm glad you liked it. I know with your selective diet dinner was out of the question. Plus I kinda thought this would be, memorable." She smiled up at him, mirroring the way he leaned into her.

"Ok. If we were a story, what chapter would this be?" He asked leaning in just a little more, his nose twitched as she moved closer too.

"Somewhere in the beginning, around chapter five?" Wendy's eyes tried to stay strong and keep eye contact instead of looking down at his lips she knew would be deliciously cold.

"What happens in chapter five?" His nose brushed against the the side of her face, slowly inching towards her neck.

"They went on a date." Wendy tried to keep her breath steady. But how can she when his tongue traces every detail  of her collar bone, up her neck.

Edward couldn't resist.

He can taste the finest traces of her sweet blood, her salty skin, the heat of her body drawing him in more and more. His mouth pooled with venom as his eyes darkens to black.

It was her little almost inaudible mewl that made him pull back. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. It won't happen again." He heaved in fake breaths.

Wendy's neck was heated, her ears burned and her cheeks a dark rose color. "I hope you don't mean that." She whispered unbuckling her seatbelt.

Wendy took the hand made creation from him before biding him a sweet farewell. She opened the little cardboard box in the safety of her room. Picking up an almost perfect pottery made camera, to add to her collection.

Edward drove home, his mind swearing of pros and cons and the disaster he's put himself in because he can't stay away from her. The danger she'll always be in because of him.

The box rested on his desk and in a blink he held a figure of a sitting person with a flower head. It confused him at first until he later learned it was to help keep his books open without having to hold it open.

It was wanky and misshapen, the colors were pale and faded from the watered down colors she used, but it was his new favorite thing in the world.