Two

Edward missed the next day of school

Edward missed the next day of school. Which only brought up the suspensions for the girl. "She was nice." Jasper said. "I asked about how her night was, like you asked, and all she said was 'Dreams can really feel real at times' so don't worry."

But Edward did worry. Because he knew the girl was awake, and he knew that she was far too calm when she saw a stranger in her room.

So he stayed away for the rest of the week.

Wendy noticed the brother was gone when she decided a soda from the school cafeteria was enough. She noted how cold Jaspers hand was when they accidentally touched in History. How the whole family had the same pale skin that had an angelic under glow. Those sunset yellow eyes and how unlike her, who only eats a little, they don't seem to eat anything at all.

That's what she noticed on the first week.

But she kept her distance, she played the piano, and when the week was up she had collected all of Edwards missing work, and was now walking up to his siblings after school.

"Excuse me?" Her voice was like a coo.

"Yes?" The black haired girl asked as she hung on Jasper's arm.

"Here." She held out a binder with files, each naming the different subjects. "For your brother. It's the work he missed. I added a copy of my notes as well."

"Thank you Wendy." Jasper said being the one to take it from her hands. She noted the hints of a southern accent.

"I hope he feels better." She gave them a nod and left, hopping into the back of her fathers car as she left.

Edward found the sentiment kind of endearing. She was thoughtful and cared enough for a stranger to gather his assignments, make a copy of notes, and then wish him well on his health without asking any questions.

As he went back to school, having fed and a little more nerve of steel like, he realized he had two classes with her. English for first period and Math for fourth right before lunch. As they were leaving for the social hour to eat, a flash momentarily halted him.

"You were gone for a while." The girl he knows as Wendy said as she the camera in her hands spat out a polaroid. "Feeling better?"

"Yes. Thank you." Edward said. Gave him a smile, "Aren't you supposed to shake that?"

"That's not true. It could actually damage the photo when it develops." She lifted the photo to show himself in it. "You look better."

"Going to add it to the collection?" He asked genuinely curious.

"So you were in my room that night." Wendy asked with a smirk, her voice visibly lowered. "If you wanted to come over, you could have just asked."

"No, I mean, I'm assuming that because - " he was cut off by her laughing.

"It's ok. And to answer your question no. I let others keep the first photo." She placed it on his desk before leaving. Her hand brushing his only slightly.

Yes his hands are indeed just as cold as his family's. Wendy thought as she left. His eyes were a shade of yellow she's never seen before, and his face was perfect. Not blemish or freckle or any imperfection in sight.

But like routine, she played the piano during lunch. On this day it was "Für Elise, Bagatelle No. 5 by Beethoven."

Wendy looked up to see Edward standing by the piano. He was very quiet, she noted.

"You like classical music?" She asked surprised but mostly amused.

"I think it's the better music, considering what's been played lately on the radio." Edward said.

"Do you play?" She asked scooting over to the furthest side on the piano bench. "Come sit."

Edward was hesitant, but moved slowly towards her, taking a seat as well. He began to play the beginning of the same song. As it continued it dragged on morphing into something else.

The rain always left the roads slick, which meant accidents. Which also meant that Wendy's dad was late to pick her up. Restless the girl decided to walk home, but of course, he couldn't just let her walk alone.

Seeing as how only Emmett and Rosalie's car made it back from Alaska, the others waiting for theirs to be shipped out soon. He followed behind her. Despite the rain or the fact that he wasn't carrying an umbrella.

She was carful for most of it. Aside from the occasional puddle she'd jump into or almost slip on the slick pavement. It wasn't until they go to a neighborhood street that angled slightly down, right at the corner of the sidewalk.

A car skidded to a stop, and didn't stop, roaming its way towards the girl who wasn't paying attention, instead she was fingering a song as she listens to her ipod he didn't know she owned.

Wendy looked up when she saw car lights. A gasp left her as she walked backwards only for have her slip. As the car continued to screech getting closer each second, Edward was next to her lifting her up and placing her down on the other side of the block while the car hit a light pole.

Wendy gasped, clenching at his arm as she felt her feet touch the ground safely. "You saved me." She breathed out resting her head on his shoulder. Her arms still hugging one of his.

"I'll walk you the rest of the way home if you'd like." He asked so politely. She didn't bother to give a verbal answer, her nod was enough for him. Edward kept her under his arm as they confide to get the girl into a safe and warm environment.

She noted that she couldn't hear a heartbeat.