Ten

Seth sat at the kitchen counter doing homework and having a light snack of cut fruit in a bowl with a bit of honey drizzle

Seth sat at the kitchen counter doing homework and having a light snack of cut fruit in a bowl with a bit of honey drizzle. Wendy stood on the other side of the stove, mixing the pot containing Mac n' Cheese.

"I like when you make that. It tastes better when you do it instead of Leah." Seth said looking up to  her from his slouched frame on the counter top.

"That's because I add a little extra butter, extra cheese and my secret ingredient." Wendy whispered the last part. Peeking the boys interest enough to make him sit up.

"What is it?" He asked placing his pencil down.

"I don't think you're ready to know it yet." She teased , scooping the cheesy pasta dish into an oven safe bowl.

"I swear! I promise. I pinky promise I can keep it a secret." Seth said raising his pinky finger to her.

"Well, as long as you pinky promise," she said wrapping her pinky around his. "Instead of milk, I put sour cream."

"I don't like sour cream." Seth scrunched his face.

"Oh hush," Wendy mocked, "You like it when you can't taste it." She smiled adding bread crumbs on top of the even layer. Placing it into the oven.

Edward sat in his room, going over the hundreds of songs and albums he's listened to and has in his collection.

Soft melodious tunes echo threw his room, as it transitions into something with more piano. Add a saxophone solo in another song and end it with her very own.

He was proud of what he did. He's never made one before, but he learned, just for her. "She reminds you of Her, doesn't she?" He heard Rosalie at the door making him look up towards his adopted sister.

Wendy was like a girl she once new, very long ago in her mind. Beautiful and angelic, classy but a bit of a trouble maker for the time. Silky light brown hair with eyes so hazel they almost looked yellow. She was one of her friends, back when Rosalie's heart was still beating.

"She reminds me of Her everyday I see her." Rosalie said sitting down next to him.

"I haven't really thought about it." Edward said writing in beautiful cursive on the little note card.

"I'm just saying, don't let her slip away again." Rosalie said standing up.

"I didn't let her slip away." Edward said placing the pen down. "She wanted a family, kids, to grow old and pass down a house for the next generations to come. I gave her that by leaving, by letting her live her life, the same thing you would have chose."