Eight

Wendy hasn't had a nose bleed in over a month and she's never taken the pearl necklace off

Wendy hasn't had a nose bleed in over a month and she's never taken the pearl necklace off. On this Friday at lunch she decided to skip playing the piano while she hunted Edward down. "There you are." She smiled looking at him coming down the hall way.

"Here I am." He said with an arm out to showcase himself.

"I'm going into Seattle tomorrow, I need to do some blood work, but there's this really cool record store near by. The shop owner, Mitch, is this adorable older gentleman, who has immaculate taste in older music. I thought maybe you'd like to come?" Wendy asked as she held her hands behind her back, swaying ever so lightly as she looked up at him.

"Seattle? How's the weather gonna be?" Edward asked.

"Perfectly cloudy with a chance of light drizzle." She smiled at him.

How could he refuse?

The answer. He couldn't. So Edward offered to drive them to Seattle.

Edward sat in the waiting room while Wendy did her blood work, which took no longer then ten minutes. Side by side they walked the few blocks from the hospital towards a small music shop with aged yellow paint and a man playing the saxophone right out side.

"Hello Junior." Wendy smiled down at the musician.

"Wendy Darling, good to see you again. Dads inside." Junior said tipping his hat towards them both.

"Thanks." She said as the music changed to something familiar.

"Wendy Darling?" Edward asked with an amused smile as he followed her in.

"From Peter Pan. 'Wendy Mora Angela Darling.' Or as my dad likes to say, 'Wendy darling, light of my life. I'm not going to hurt you.' The Shining." She teased as they walked down an ails.

Edward followed to where the letter A showed. The store was broke down my artist name, in alphabetical order. Colored boxes and folders separated each record and CD by genera.

"Wendy? Back so soon?" A man, Mitch, said walking out from the back room towards the counter, a pleased smile on his face as the girl with a white bow and a cream colored dress walked up to hug him. "Where's your dad? I have a bet on the next baseball game."

"Home. I came with a friend, Mitch, this is Edward. Edward, Mitch." She introduced. The two gave each other a nod before Wendy took Edwards arm pulling him towards the back.

"It says 'No Entry'." Edward pointed to the sign by the small door way behind a blanket that was nailed to the wall to cover it.

"He keeps the best ones back here." She smiled at him. And Mitch did. Records and CD in mint condition, all first edition printing with original artwork. Some of them were even signed by their respected artists.

"Hey Wendy bird, that order you asked for just came in." Mitch called from the other side of store.

"I'll be right back, don't move." She smiled and practically skipped to the front of the store.

Edward did as told, but saw a record in Mitches mind commenting about how it was such a great find. The record itself was worth a few thousand dollars, and this little minx snatched it up for only a couple hundred.

"Here. As a late birthday gift, seeing as how you got me one." Wendy said flipping the record in its sleeve before letting it fall into Edwards hands.

"You know I might have it already." Edward teased. She gave him a scrunched nose shaking her head.

"I asked Jasper to double check for me. You sir," she poked him shoulder, "In fact, dont own this fine piece of music." Her accent switched, a terrible 1920 accent fell from her lips, and still it sounded like sugared honey drops.

"Well what is this fine piece of music you speak so-" Edwards accent dropped as he looked down to it.

"Beethoven No.9 Choral Symphony, 2LP set." Wendy confirmed. A rather pleased smile on her lips.

If his heart could skip a beat, it would have. He's been looking for this record even before he changed. His luck, or lack there of, consisted of people out bidding him at the last moment or the conditions of the record wasn't even playable.

And here, in his hands, was that piece of music.

"Wendy, I can't accept this." He said, but his eyes never left the cover art.

"Of course you can. I got it for you." She rolled her eyes, moving towards other records. "Besides, I've already bought it and for you and if you don't accept it, then we can't-"

Edward leaned down to place a cold kiss onto the girls cheek. It was warm like a summer sunset, soft like lotus silk, and it dusted red as she tried to look away. Her fingers brushed over the place on her face that now felt colder then the rest.

Where his lips once were.

Wendy looked up at him, a smile tugging the corners of her lips she tried to hide, as her ears burned red. "What was that for?" She asked in a voice like velvet, her note just above a whisper.

"My thanks." He was so suave and graceful. He didn't show any signs of being embarrassed the way she was. It was quick, but it felt so intimate she couldn't help but want more.