1. An Odd Introduction

author: Hey guys so I'm writing this because I haven't seen any fucking up to my standards Diluc x readers so you know what, I'll do it my fucking self. Anyways enjoy and comment if you think I should change anything <3 btw this will probably have smut and if you cant already tell, yes i will be swearing and other mature content

Also, this chapter isn't going to have too much Diluc in it because I really want to make sure I give a good opening. I'm sorry about that so it's okay if you want to skip further down to where he shows up. 

Edit: Just made it a little better, fixed some grammar, made it a little less cringe 

Beginning of Chapter

The soft chirping of birds interrupted gently woke me up as the warm sun caressed over my body. I could feel something wet underneath me, perhaps grass? I opened my eyes but immediately shut them after the bright light pierced my skull.  I tried again, this time covering the light with my hand and cautiously opening my eyes. After a couple seconds of rapid blinking to adjust to the light, I sat upright and began to take in my surroundings.  I was in a big green field, with no one in sight. I stretched my legs out and stood up, immediately feeling the blood rush from my head. After a couple uncomfortable seconds of deciding whether or not to sit back down or stay up, I steadied my footing. 

I desperately tried to remember where I came from and what I was doing last, but I turned up empty handed. All I remember is that my name is y/n and I'm 19 years old. My body started swaying as confusion and worry swept my head. My heart was pounding and I could feel my breathing becoming more shaky by the second. I suddenly heard loud, vulgar noises from the distance. This was my chance to get help, so I forced myself to calm down and began to run in the direction of the noise.

 I turned the corner of a small cliff and saw a young brown haired girl, a red bow in her hair. She had a bow and arrow in her hand and seemed to be shooting at something? I peeked further around the cliff and barely managed to hold my scream. A demon? A gremlin? I didn't want to know. It had a weird mask and brown fur and as I scanned the area I saw that there were three of them. The most surprising thing however, was how she was fighting. Such skill and grace went into each arrow shot, and her precision was impeccable.  

She began to hold her arrow more steadily in its bow and I watched as something red began to surround the arrow. Suddenly, the arrow caught on fire, and this was when she released it to finish off the last monster. I was in awe at how calm she looked. 

"Well, that commission is done," she gleefully said to herself. She brushed the dust off her odd outfit, and began to jog down a path. I was about to yell at her, asking for help, but I realized she might be my enemy. It was safer to follow her and see where to led me to. 

I was amazed at how quickly and smoothly she was jogging. I struggled to keep up. As I jogged, I scanned the area that I was in. It was definitely nothing that I've seen before. Odd monsters at almost every direction, enormous cliffs, it was so unique. Distracted in my own observations, I hadn't realized that the girl had stopped. Once I did realize I dove into the nearest bush and tried my best not to make noise. For ten seconds I stayed there, surrounded by silence, until I heard footsteps again. I sighed and stood up to go follow the girl. 

An arrow flew five inches away from my nose. I yelped and jumped back, tripping on a log and falling to the ground. 

"Ow..." I said.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, I thought you were a hilichurl. Forgive me," the young girl said, helping me up to my feet.

"Thanks," I replied brushing off all of the leaves and dirt on my pants.