Chapter 18

I was so lost in unimportant useless things these day. No wonder, this happened. I was so into Jimin that I forgot my task, I forgot my dream.

It's my fault, all of it. I forgot my responsibilities and duties towards my work. I was so distracted by the useless husband wife things and couple things that I didn't even notice I was losing here.

How can you forget, Y/N, he is your competitor. He is still in his best position while you got distracted. You are getting kicked out off the competition slowly.

All through my life, I have worked so hard. But when the main time came, I can't throw out my hard work to dustbin.

Y/N's ego started to peek through her competitive mind.

The file in her hand was the list of the top ten business company of korea that are going to represent Asia. In the list, Jimin's Park & Park Industry ranked first...again.. for three times consecutively. But this time Lee Industries couldn't rank second, nor third, nor forth. It ranked fifth. Y/N was indeed shocked and disappointed to see the result. She couldn't believe her demotion. She couldn't believe how indifferent she was to her work that she even have to see the lower rank that never in her lifetime she got. Though, she could join the project of Korea10 (Project of top ten business companies of Korea representing Asia), she never imagined her rank to be this low.

Everytime when she or her company ranks lower, she always throws tantrums and yells at the workers due to her bad mood. Even the workers know how it saddens this girl. No wonder, they were in that state.

The girl known as Y/N's personal assistant was standing still in front of Y/N. She was shivering thinking she might get a hard yell from her boss and Y/N's cold and quite behaviour wasn't helping at all. It's likw how the weather becomes calm and quite before a huge storm.

But Y/N here, was blaming herself for what she thought was mistake, for giving more time to husband and family than work. She was regreting every moment. She had nothing to blame to the workers. So why would she yell at them?

Y/N closed her eyes shut and put the file on the desk.

"M-mam...Are you alri-"

"Give me some time alone." She cut her off.

The girl took the file left the room without making any noise. As soon as she left, Y/N sighed leaning on her chair, eyes still closed.

No!

I cannot be broken in this state. I need to be strong. I need to work more hard, with all my workers - to be in the best position.

Later that day, she didn't came out of her office. Everyone was shocked. They were expecting to get some yells from her. No, they actually didn't mind. Her yells were somehow motivations to keep doing their best. They were sad too as they have always seen their work place to be number 1 or 2.

Y/N, inside her office, was arranging the important project files, and checking out what she lagged. She was trying to make the papers more amd more accurate with the best plan.

In the end of the day, she came out in front of her workers.

"Everyone, may I have your attention?"

Everyone looked at her. But surprisingly she was smiling.

"We got enlisted in the project Korea10. It is an honour for us. To celebrate this occation, you are given a days off tomorrow."

Pin drop silent...

Then everyone come back to sense that their strict COO was giving them a days off. They clapped in joy and thanked her.

She again smiled and went back to her office.

Her assistant followed her from behind.

"Mam, did you really give us a days off?" She asked once that entered the room.

"Yes. You guys have worked too hard. You need rest too. It is me, who cause this result and I am the one to solve it." Y/N said pointing at the file

"Judging from your words, you aren't going to take the day off, are you?"

She smiled bitterly. "I need to take my business to where it used to be."

"But you need rest too. You're stressing yourself out." Worry in her voice was heard

"Hana ya, don't worry about me. I am alright."

"So you're coming to office tomorrow too? I'm also coming then."

"You don't need to. You have a boyfriend, right? Go out with her tomorrow." Y/N said.

"But I am your personal assistant. I need to be everywhere with you if it's about business."

Y/N smiled hearing her. She was grateful to have such coworkers by her who after getting yelled too much, still didn't leave. Rather they were by her when needed. Hana, her assistant, could understand Y/N's situation. She knew Y/N would stress herself out working alone. She was a friend, more than a PA. She cared for her.

"I heard you gave a day's off tomorrow." Mr Lee, Y/N's father walked in.

"Dad!"

Hana bowed to both of them and left the room giving time to the father and daughter.

"I thought they deserve a day off." Y/N said.

"You're getting more and more mature day by day. Now I can rest assure giving you the place of CEO." Mr. Lee smiled.

"I still need to learn many things dad."

"I know you're sad. Sometimes it happens. Even though we work hard, sometimes it doesn't work out. The only thing we can do then is to try again. And always remember to give your best to everything." He explained and patted her daughter's head.

*

Y/N reached home and the first thing she saw was Jimin waiting for her in the living room. She felt the urge to run to him and give him a tight hug and say how down she felt the whole day. But..

Stop!

Control yourself.

Don't let yourself get distragted again.

Jimin noticed Y/N and stood up. "Hi! How's y-"

"Congrats. You got the first place in the final list." She said with a fake smile.

"Thanks. Did you eat? Let's go eat. I've prepared you favourite dish."

"Actually I'd skip. I'd eaten with my colleagues." She lied. Remembering about the list has made her lost appetite. "You eat. I'm going to sleep. I'm tired." She said trying to keep her voice sound normal, like nothing affected her.

She went to her room and lied down on bed covering herself with blanket.

Jimin stood there. He was expecting to eat with her as he cooked her favourite dish. Then he remembered he had some works left too. He took his laptop and started working.

The foods Jimin made with love, were left aside untouched.

***

(A/N: Thanks to my readers to show support always. Love ya.)