Chapter 29

The only pink flower in the garden danced with the morning wind as it blew. It was a healthy morning. It was another day of K10's assesment result. Y/n with her other collegues were in the meeting room about the site development management issue.

They wrapped it up soon and left the meeting room when a stuff came with his phone in hand. "Ma'am the result's out! We are in the first place!!" Other people around her cheered but she was standing with a straight face. When the cheers lowered, she said, "Good job, guys." And left for her room.

As soon as she left there, people started whisper loudly.

"What happened to her. Isn't the 1st place what she always wanted?"

"What's with her reaction?"

"C'mn guys, she's always like this."

"She at least could have smiled at us. We worked overtime."

Y/n's pov:

Y/n came back to office hearing the result. She should have been happy. But surprisingly she doesn't feel any need to be excited about the mere result. As if she doesn't care about standing in the first place. She just wants the company to go well, as well as her life.

She sat before her laptop and searched for the result.

"1st: Lee Group of Industries

2nd: Park & park Industries

3rd: Han Corporation"

So he is in the second place.

This is the first thing she noticed as soon as she opened the result.

Just wait and watch, Park Jimin. I'm gonna surpress you of all costs.

Jimin's pov:

"Sir, we in the second place," said the a man standing in front of Jimin.

"I can see that. It doesn't matter. We have already come so far. Now we just need to work with out heart." The new young CEO tried to cheer up his fellow workers.

"Furthermore, the final result is yet very far. The K10 authority will  evaluate several times through monthly stock first. We stil, have time to improve and enhance our chances. So don't be disheartened. We've always done well and we will do in the future as well." He said, "Now everyone get ready for the project of Bluebird company. That's our new project!"

Everyone saw the charm of the new CEO of cheering people up.

On the other hand, Jimin was thinking about the first place holder. She definitely overworked herself as he barely was her for the whole month even though they live under the same roof. Jimin tried to communicate but she just ignored as if he didn't exist. But he decided to go home early today.

*

After a stressful day at work, Y/n definitely wanted a peaceful sleep at night. She came to her room and turned the lights on. The first thing that caught her eyes was a bouquet of flowers on her bed. Her facial features hardened. That wasn't her heart thought. It definitely skipped a bit. She looked over the door opposide of hers. The lights were on. It never turns on before midnight for the pasr few days. She wonders what changed today.

Keeping all her thoughts aside, she went into washroom to freshen up. When she came out, she noticed Jimin waiting for her by the door. As soon as he saw her coming out with the white bath robe on and damp hair, his saliva stucked in his throat.

Clearing his voice, he let out, "Can I talk to you?"

Y/n, who was already very shocked to see him waiting by her door, turned around and picked up the flowers from the bed and went to the door. She threw the flower bouquet to him and slammed the door on his face with a big, "NO".

Jimin was startled but the reaction was expected. He tried again. He knocked on the closed door twice and said, "I prepared dinner. Come and eat."

Y/n heard him. But ain't no was she was going to eat his food. She opened her laptot to check the weekly report. I assumed that by the time she finishes, he'll be done eating and leave the kitchen.

It was 1 am when she finally finished her work. Just when she was about to get up, her stomach growled.

You have the perfect time to growl, my stomach.

Thinking that the kitchen would be empty, she stepped down the stairs. What she didn't know was a man that was happened to be her husband was still waiting for her there.

The lights were low. The kitchen was half dark. Amidst darkness, Jimin was sitting on the chair with his head on the table. He fell asleep. And the foods were kept on the table.

When the lights were turned on, Jimin woke up to the sudden brightness and bad posture. The sudden and unexpected movement inside the kitchen made Y/n jumped back and let out a little shout. The shout made Jimin shout back. Both of them were startled.

"Yah michyeossnya" She shouted at him.

"Finally you came. I thought I have to spend the night without eating." Jimin exclaimed.

She just gave him a cold eye. She kept looking for anything edible inside the refrigerator.

"Yah. What are you looking for? Food is here."

...

Finding no response, he again said, "The food is kept on the table. Whether to eat it or not is your choice. I'm gonna eat mine anyway." And he started eating.

Finding nothing up to her choice in the refrigerator, she was planning to cook something. But that's when her stomach growled again.

'Stupid stomatch! A while ago I praised you and you're betraying me already!'

She was hungry. There was no sign of the leftover pizza which she left in the refrigerator and she can't remember when she finished it.

"Did you eat my Pizza?"

Jimin turned around to lood who was she talking to, only to find out she was staring at him with a annoyed gaze.

"Who? Me? I don't eat pizza." Jimin replied.

She rolled her eyes at him. She had no energy to cook at that hour. Plus, the foods on the tables smelled nice enough.

With a reluctant heart, she sat in front of the food. Seeing her sitting for the meal he cooked, he hid a smile behind his chopsticks about to get in his mouth.

'I am only eating the food because it's late and I'm hungry, that's it. Not because he cooked for me, right!'

*

2 hours ago: Jimin's pov:

What is that in the fridge? A pizza? Is she gonna eat it at dinner?

His brows frowned.

So what if I don't eat pizza. I can always throw it away. She have to eat the food I made for her. That's what you get for throwing my flowers.

He dropped the leftover in the bin.

***

A/n: anneyong.