bonus chapter

in the hospital

jisung rolled his eyes as felix and minho stood at the closed door, staring through the small rectangular window and trying their best to catch a glimpse of seungmin and hyunjin.

"oh my god! guys! they're kissing!" felix said in a very loud voice, almost a yell, catching the attention of a few random doctors and people walking by. "aww! why are they so perfect together?"

"i wish i had a dramatic and romantic love story like them." jeongin pouted, looking up at chan who didn't seem to notice the younger's gaze.

"believe me, we all do." minho said, finally turning to face all his friends, and particularly looking at jisung.

the squirrel-like boy felt his cheeks lightly flush.

what is that supposed to mean? does he know i like him? jisung thought in a panic, trying to keep a cool exterior.

he had liked minho for a while, years for that matter. the younger just never got a chance to tell anyone, much less confess his feelings to minho. he had come close to telling chan and hyunjin about his crush that one day when they were walking home, but of course, that didn't work out.

"okay, let's actually leave them alone for a bit." changbin said, dragging a pouting felix away from his spying window. "there's a cafe right next to the hospital and i'm starving."

"can i come with? i could really do for a coffee right now." chan said, stretching his arms.

"yeah. does anyone else want me to get them anything?" changbin asked.

everyone gave their orders to changbin and chan, and the two left to get food.

"what a wild day." minho said. "how are you feeling sungie? you look a bit tired."

"just feeling a little light headed, probably from seeing all that blood earlier. i'm gonna head to the washroom." jisung said, standing up and walking down the long white halls until he found a washroom.

not bothering to go in a stall, he leaned on the counter, throwing his head back to look up at the ceiling.

the squirrel-like boy immediately regretted doing so, as the lights were way too bright and momentarily messed up his vision.

in fact, everything in that moment felt just a little wrong. the intense scent of bleach coming from the over-scrubbed sinks smelled too strong, and the passing footsteps in the halls outside of the washroom almost gave jisung a headache.

the weirdest thing, though, was by far the fluttering feeling in his chest. like that feeling you get when someone makes your heart do a little jump, or getting butterflies in your stomach, but much more real.

why was he feeling like this? he rarely got sick.

jisung turned around and leaned over the sink, staring at himself in the mirror above the counter.

he didn't look sick, or even remotely tired. maybe he was just in his head about his two friend's movie worthy love story when he couldn't even muster up the courage to tell his own crush he liked him.

that's what jisung thought it was.

at least, until he coughed, and a small pink cherry blossom fluttered out of his mouth.