CHAPTER FIVE

August 25th
present day
Auroras hotel room
6:15 A.M.

Aurora woke up suddenly when she felt someone shift under her. She opened her eyes widely as she soon realized she was cuddled up with no one other than Emily Prentiss herself. Auroras eyes widened even more at this information and she quickly yet skillfully managed to unravel the tangled mess of their two intertwined bodies. She began to rub at her temples to try and soothe the raging head ache she had, making her entire head feel like it was pulsating and her eyes hurt so much she wanted to claw them out.

Emily on the other hand was still sound asleep, Aurora looked at her for a minute and simply took the time to watch her breathe. Aurora quickly leaned over and put her head on her chest so she could hear the other woman's heartbeat. She smiled as she listened to the quiet thump of Emilys heart, and she closed her eyes, the repetitive sound almost being enough to put her back to sleep.

A few minutes of listening to Emilys heart and Auroras phone started to buzz. She jumped slightly as she scrambled away from Emily and over to her phone. She looked at the caller ID.

Incoming call: Rosebud <3

Aurora quickly pressed accept without even a second to think, her little sister Rosie called her once every week on a scheduled day, today wasn't that day so Aurora had to automatically assume the worst. "Hello?" Aurora asked hesitantly and winced as heard a little bit of sniffling on the other line. "Ro, baby what is it?" she asked.

Rosie started to cry a little harder "I just- I miss you. I miss you so much, I wish you were still here," she said through her quiet sobs.

Aurora didn't even want to know what had gone on to cause this sudden confession, she could only assume it was some sort of pain that was being inflicted on her baby sister by her disgusting father. She sighed before speaking again, "Ro what's the matter? Did dad do something? Because if he did so help me God I'll come home and fucking beat his sorry ass," Aurora said angrily as she moved her hair back with one of her hands.

When Aurora left home she had made her father promise that he would never touch Rosie, not the way he did to her. She could carry the pain and the heaviness that was put onto her from her fathers actions so that her sister didn't have to. He could only touch Aurora, never her sweet sister. Aurora did everything she could to protect her baby, she practically raised Rosie, she always felt as if she was betraying her sister when she left home to go to college. The cops in their town never believed that their so called "perfect father" could do all of the horrible things they claimed so they stopped reporting it to them. It was infuriating that the cops would take the word of an old drunk over three terrified children, but they did, every single time.

"No Rory, don't come all the way back here to save me. You're a hot shot FBI agent now," Rosie giggled before continuing, "You need to save other people besides just me. It's nothing I can't handle, I promise you. I'll be fine here on my own, I'm okay really. I just needed to hear your voice that's all."

She knew her sister was holding back the severity of not only her fathers actions, but also her emotions about them. Rosie probably wanted Aurora to think that she was strong and that nothing phased her, Aurora sighed thinking about how the death of her mother and the horrible actions of her father had made Rosie lose most of her childhood. She is only 18 right now. She should be focused on graduating and hanging out with her friends, maybe getting a boyfriend or girlfriend, she should overall just be living a fun life. But no, she was too focused on trying not to upset her alcoholic of a father.