CHAPTER FIFTEEN

September 25th
present day
the BAU
8:45 P.M.

Auroras Point of View:

Holy shit. Holy shit. Oh my fucking god. Me and Emily almost just fucking kissed on the ferris wheel. Hotch seriously fucking interrupted us, i'm gonna kick his ass.. Oh my god! Oh my god do I like have feelings for Emily? No. No I cant. There's no way, we're just best friends. Wait, do I? No. Oh my god this is literally so awkward, neither of us are even speaking to each other. Well i'm just going to sit in silence because no way in hell am I bringing up our almost kiss. How much slower can she drive oh my god. I really just want to get to work right now. Emily please speed up oh my god.

Emily finally got the two of us to the BAU and I practically jumped out of the car trying to get away from Emily as quickly as possible. I do not want to be in this awkward tension with Emily anymore maybe we can both just ignore what happened. Emily looks over at me and I completely ignore her gaze on me, I open the car door and Emily opens hers and we walk into the federal building together.

When we get in the elevator Emily tries to speak, "So should we just.. forget about that?" Emily asks me hesitantly. I should be happy, this is what I wanted, right? But, even though I know I wanted to forget about it, deep down I think it actually hurts that she feels the same way. I don't know why.. I want to say no, I want to scream no that I don't want to forget about it at all and I wish more than anything that Hotch hadn't interrupted us and we would've kissed on that damn ferris wheel.

I want to say no but instead the words that come out are, "Oh yeah. Consider it forgotten," and I fake a smile, and she smiles back and the elevator doors open, and we walk to the round table leaving the almost kiss completely forgotten.

My heart aching and sinking into my stomach as I walk and take a seat next to Spencer, who flashes me a smile, but I couldn't reciprocate. He notices something is wrong, and he's my best friend, but there's no way in hell I am telling him about this.

"Sleeping beauty, you feeling better finally? Kicked that virus ass am I right?" Derek asks and pats me on the back softly as he took his seat on the opposite side of me.

"Yeah," I mumbled unenthusiastically, "No one messes with the big bad Derek Morgan right?" I joke with him and he laughs with a nod.

Hotch walks in with an urgency but still takes the time to say, "Aurora, glad you're back."

For the first time since the Emily incident I smile, "Chief," I chime, "You missed me so much. You love me admit it!"

"I missed you," he grumbles before going into case details.

I really didn't pay much attention at all. I guess you could say I had a lot on my mind with I don't know one of my best friends almost kissing me on a ferris wheel. I just need to stay calm and keep focused on the case, get through today and i'll be completely fine. I was pulled out of my thoughts by JJ softly saying my name and I look up, "Sorry what?"

"She said," Derek pushed a file in front of me since until now I didn't have one, "They kinda look like you."

I look down into the file. Mid length dusty blonde hair, bright blue eyes, the same style, the same overall look, I'm pretty sure I have the shoes the fourth victim is wearing. I won't show weakness or fear to the team though so I just shrug, "Weird. I don't see it."

~

The team is heading to a tiny town in Pennsylvania where a bunch of victims look like clones of me, so that's really nice.

I notice how Emily is sitting on the complete opposite side of the jet with JJ while I sit on the couch facing Spencer. We're both reading loads of books and every so often we switch and start reading what the other one is reading.