CHAPTER EIGHT

September 13th
present day
the BAU
6:57 P.M.

It had been a few weeks now since not only Auroras first case, but also the whole Emily thing, and the little museum date with Spencer. Aurora had finally begun to really settle in at the BAU and grow closer to her new team, she felt happy in knowing that she was finally adjusting to the new change and making friends.

Penelope is a literal angel. She always makes sure to make Aurora feel included and the two of them had already grown insanely close. On paperwork days Aurora would often sneak into her lair to chat, Aurora always told Penelope that with all the gross and disturbing stuff they see during their day to day, her office was a peaceful and safe sanctuary in comparison. She also always gave Aurora a granola bar when she didn't look too well, Penelope had somehow already managed to pick up on Auroras horrible eating and sleeping habits and always tries to help her out to the best of her abilities. Penelope just wants to make sure everyone on her team is doing okay, they are her family after all.

Rossi has become the father Aurora wished she actually had. He was funny, compassionate, and he didn't abuse her both sexually and physically for years, so that was a great bonus. He would talk to her for hours in his office if she let him, they already had such an unbreakable bond and Rossi had already grown severely overprotective of his new chosen daughter. He had also had Aurora over to his mansion a few times to show Aurora collections of things he had from over the years, with pasta for dinner of course. She didn't want to brag to the others but he had told her that she was his favorite on the team a couple of times now.

Derek is like the annoying big brother that she just wants to slap 99 percent of the time, he also constantly made flirtatious jokes at Aurora, which she was starting to get used to and she would actually look forward to what witty or sarcastic remark she would be able to snap back at him with each day. She really started to click with him and joke with him more often. He always knew how to get her mind off of whatever was eating at her inside, she already had a deep love for him, and everyone else on the team of course, but Derek and her just had an understanding of each other that no one else had with them, they just connected in a way that no one else could completely understand, and neither of them really knew why, it is just the way it was.

JJ is amazing to Aurora, she is so warm and she's naturally a maternal figure in Auroras life because she's so caring. If Aurora had an older sister, she would hope she would treat Aurora the way JJ does. She always knows exactly what Aurora needs before she even needs it. She constantly gives Aurora snacks, or chapstick, or anything that she had in her purse that Aurora could possibly need. Aurora is so thankful for her as a friend.

Hotch was still not the fondest of Aurora. She had only seen him smile like 3 total times and they hadn't had anything to do with her. But, she thinks she was starting to grow on him finally, Aurora had even heard him laugh under his breath the other day at a joke she made. Of course, Aurora being Aurora, she didn't let him live it down for days and Hotch grew more and more annoyed by it, even if her incessant bugging him did leave him with a smile when she left the room.

Spencer is probably Auroras closest friend in the BAU right now. They would constantly go around town to try new coffee shops and movie theaters. He was also at Auroras apartment very frequently. They would watch tv shows and movies, order takeout, and listen to him spew random facts. He was so kind and gentle, Aurora really loved being around him.

Then there was Emily.

The relationship with Emily was definitely strange, and hard for Aurora to completely define. Aurora liked her for the most part, but it annoyed her that Emily constantly wanted to make sure she was okay. Aurora knew she was only trying to be nice and welcoming, but it was kind of weird. Aurora found the woman to be necessarily overbearing. She supposed that they were close, but not too close. More like acquaintances than friends really.