CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

November 4th
present day
the BAU jet
3:30 P.M.

The team had just finished a case and got onto their jet, preparing for the long ride home Aurora decided to change out of her professional work wear and slip into something at least mildly more comfortable. Aurora went into the jets tiny bathroom and tried her best to change her clothes without bumping into the walls, counter, or toilet. She took off the tights, skirt, turtleneck, blazer, and heels she was wearing on the case and slipped them into her go bag. She then took out an oversized white sweater, blue jeans, and basic white tennis shoes.

She didn't want to get too comfortable considering she was still around her boss and coworkers, but even jeans and a sweater felt better on her tired body than the skirt and heels she was wearing prior

She didn't want to get too comfortable considering she was still around her boss and coworkers, but even jeans and a sweater felt better on her tired body than the skirt and heels she was wearing prior. She quickly threw her hair back into a messy bun, some of the hair in the front that was shorter than the rest fell out to frame her face. With that she opened the door and walked out of the bathroom, surveying the jet to decide where she wanted to sit for the remainder of the trip.

Everyone seemed to be doing there own thing, no one was really taking any time to converse with each other so she decided to just sit down in a seat by herself and pulled her headphones and current read out of her bag. She hadn't had a lot of time for reading lately, which she condemned herself for. She wishes she could read as fast as Spencer so she could still get her entertaining books in with work and everything.

Aurora opened her phone and went to spotify, clicking on one of her random playlists and pressing the shuffle button. The first song to start playing softly in her ears was She Plays Bass by Beabadoobee. Satisfied with this selection she locks her phone and opens her book, pulling her feet up onto her chair and bending her legs close to her. Getting herself as small as possible as if that could provide her some sort of comfort as she read.

Aurora tried to focus on what she was reading but couldn't seem to be able to. She must have read the same page nearly 5 times by now and yet she still had no idea what was going on. She sighed, upset with the fact that she was not going to get any reading done on this flight. She closed her book aggressively and threw it lightly onto the table ahead of her. Rolling her eyes and looking out the window as her songs remained to come out of her headphones and into her ears softly. She brought her hand up to her chin and rested on it, simply watching the sky as they flew since she knew she wouldn't be able to do anything else.

From the other side of the jet Emily watched her clearly frustrated girlfriend throw her book to the table ahead of her and look out the window. She seemed upset, but right when Emily was about to get up to go comfort her someone sat down beside her putting a temporary hault to her movements.

JJ sat down beside her and looked at Emily with a smile, "You're staring," JJ said with a smirk and Emily rolled her eyes at what she knew the woman was implying.