The Gender Reveal

(Let's play a little game, without reading ahead, leave your gender guess by commenting here, boy or girl?)

Elizabeth's POV: 8 months later

"Comon! Let me see!" I said, trying to peek over Varian's shoulder at what he was doing.

"No, you'll see at the party!" He laughed.

"How have you been able to keep a secret like this for so long?" I asked.

"I've been keeping it a secret for a week, and it's really not that difficult, being patient however is proving to be, isn't it Honey?" He asked jokingly.

Varian has been working for the past week on smoke bombs for our gender reveal.

I was getting impatient and wanted to know what we were having but at least i'll know soon.

Varian had the solution and everything made and was now painting over the alchemy spheres with like five layers of black paint to hide the color.

"Done!" He finally said.

As if she had been outside, waiting to hear that, Rapunzel immediately opened the door.

"Ready guys?" She asked.

"Just finished!" Varian said.

"Great! Comon! Everyone's waiting outside!"

As we were walking out onto the balcony, Rapunzel gestured for us to wait at the door.

She walked out and stood with Eugene, about to make her queen announcement.

As she spoke i noticed Varian rolling one of the spheres around in his hand, i couldn't tell if he was nervous or excited.

Knowing him, probably both.

"Citizens of Corona!" Rapunzel said "i'd like to thank all of you for coming! Today's a big day for our royal engineer as he and his wife are expecting their first child very soon, the baby shower will begin shortly, but to start it off, we've recently discovered the gender and would like to reveal it now"

She stepped to the side as Varian and i stepped forward and the crowd cheered.

"Hey everyone, wow" Varian laughed nervously as he waved to the crowd "it means so much to us that you all took some time out of your day to come here, really it does"

He looked at me and smiled.

"But i know what everyone's waiting for, i don't want to test everyone's patience more then i already have" he joked.

He held the sphere over the railing.

"If everyone would count down with me?" He requested.

I held up five fingers and started putting them down.

"5"

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

And with that, Varian dropped the orb infront of the crowd.

After a bit of a delay there was an explosion of smoke in the crowd.

It was pink.

We were having a girl.

I felt tears of joy start to form in my eyes as i covered my mouth.

Varian turned and smiled at me.

I wiped my tears before grabbing his shirt collar and pulling him into a kiss.

"Let the party begin!" Rapunzel announced.

A little later

"Do you have a name picked out yet?" Catalina asked.

"Not yet, but we've started talking about it" i said.

"I'm suprised V's smoke bomb didn't blow up the castle" Keira said.

"Ha ha, so funny" Varian said sarcastically.