𝐕𝐈𝐈. ーRESCUE MISSION.

BREAK FREE 07 ; 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 !

ALEC AND BRIAN WALK UP the stairs leading to Isabelle in comfortable silence, the latter holding himself back from worrying too much about his parabatai that is captured somewhere here in Hotel DuMort. It took everything in him not to sprint toward the vampires and go through every rooms to search for his other half. The fact that he has to be a distraction along with the Lightwoods didn't help him either, only testing his patience furthermore.

"Izzy, we got your text. Where are we exactly?" Alec calls out to his sister as they finally reached her and met up at the top. Brian had his guard all up like he always did, the smile that he had on his lips earlier long gone to be replaced with cautious frown and brown eyes thoroughly scanning the place.

"It's an old meatpacker's service entrance. If we go back there, we come up into the basement of the Hotel DuMort." Isabelle explains, standing in front of them as she pointed at the direction they should be heading off to. "Perfect, right? We distract the vamps, Clary and Jace have time to find Simon and Tristan." She states confidently, her perfect red lips that matched her crimson dress curved upwards into a smirk.

"Actually," Brian interrupts, his eyes never leaving their surroundings. "I'd rather be the one to find my parabatai than those lovesick, awfully disgusting, pre-relationship animals." The insult slips past his lips smoothly with venom lacing his tone, unmerciful towards his two least favorite persons.

Alec couldn't help but shoot an amused look at his direction before looking back at his sister and responding to her with a simple, "Okay."

The younger Lightwood immediately frowns at that. "Okay? It was hard work interrogating Meliorn to get this intel."

"Great job, Izzy!" Alec sarcastically smiles and points out, "You have faerie dust on your dress." Isabelle smiles at that as she slowly patted the dust away, turning to look at Brian instead to wait for what he has to say about this.

He raised his brows, stone cold look never disappearing from his face. "I have to say, you don't have the greatest taste for men." It was quick to make Isabelle's smile drop as a snort was heard from her brother, who covered it up by clearing his throat.

"Tell me who you like and I'll know exactly whether or not you have a great taste." The woman challenged and crossed her arms above her chest.

Brian scoffs out a mocking laughter, unaffected. "Figure it out by yourself." Not waiting for some reply, he began moving towards the direction where she pointed at earlier while still being cautious, piercing gaze scanning the entire place. His katanas aren't pulled out yet since he couldn't sense any danger for now.

The Lightwoods followed right behind him, also looking out their surroundings as cautiously as he is. "I hate being the distraction." Alec said along with a sigh, irritation slipping off his tongue.