𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. ーSTRANGE MUNDANE.

BREAK FREE 17 ; 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐞 !

REACHING THE BACK OF Fairchild loft, Brian stops in his track as a presence different to that of mundane made confusion rise inside his head. While Clary approaches Simon to pull him in a hug, Alec turned to the blue haired boy in wonder when he still didn't move, their hands still intertwined.

"Brian?" The Lightwood slowly called out to make sure his voice reached Brian's consciousness. "Is something wrong? What is it?" With soft concern lacing his tone, he squeezed Brian's hand in comfort and observed the male's facial expression, wanting to figure out what's in his mind.

Brian looked at him for a moment before immediately letting his gaze travel to Simon, who he realized was the one that radiated a different presence.

Furrowing his brows, he couldn't help but feel something is definitely wrong with the mundane, especially when his atmosphere is a little different from their previous meeting. Simon's atmosphere was warm and welcoming when they had first met, although he was a tad bit annoyed of Brian's constant cold and harsh attitude towards all of them. It was filled with butterflies and rainbows, as if he had never seen the true horrors of this world, which made Brian thought his aura's like that of a child, but it's a good thing nonetheless since it meant Simon was pure and innocent at heart. However, watching him now, the indication of his pureness in his atmosphere and aura had an unknown darkness into it, as if he was touched by something so unholy enough to get rid of his mundane innocence.

More than that, Simon had become more fidgety with body language screaming of paranoia or uneasiness, like he was afraid of something luring in the dark. He had always been afraid, but never paranoid or constantly in a state of extreme fear. Though, Brian could see that the only reason he's calm right now is Clary's presence due to his shoulders relaxing almost instantly when they embraced.

Disguising his suspicion as annoyance with a scowl and cold stare to both Clary and Simon, Alec was fooled into believing it, unfortunately. "What's the matter is that the mundane gets to irritate us again with his excessive rambling, thanks to the Fairchild girl." He said with full of distaste, returning his gaze on Alec who already plastered a look of amusement.

"Yeah," Alec sighs, almost playfully. "I don't like him either."

Brian rolled his eyes, "Who does?" He begins to walk towards the two with painfully slow steps that implied his reluctance to get anywhere near those he's not fond of, Alec matching his pace.

"Your parabatai." The Archer deadpanned, which caused an annoyed groan to escape Brian's throat as he laughed at his reaction.

"Tris likes everyone," He rolled his eyes once again, "At this rate, he should be called Angel Tristan from how bloody nice he is. I don't understand." Being nice isn't a bad thing, Brian supposed, but it doesn't stop people from taking advantage or treating you unfairly. He didn't want Tristan to be hurt or used by others because he really is a good person and the most genuine. All hell would break loose if someone even tries to.