𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. ーPENELOPE'S WRATH.

BREAK FREE 13 ; 𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐞'𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡 !

JASPER HURRIEDLY RUSHED THROUGH THE Institute, pushing past people until he reached the training room. Alec, Isabelle, Clary and Tristan were watching Jace and Brian combat by the sidelines intrigued, their eyes focused on the Thornhill who presents himself gracefully in all the fights he participated in. His movements were smooth and captivating, showing the results of years and years of practice.

"Brian, I have to tell you something!" Jasper immediately calls out to the perfect Shadowhunter, panic lacing his voice.

Upon noticing the distress in his tone, Brian abruptly crouched down to spin one leg over Jace's feet, successfully tripping him. The blonde male dropped on the floor with a loud thud ― cue the wince from Jasper and Clary ― and a pained groan as Brian stands back up to bring his full attention on his friend. "What's bothering you, mate? Did something happen?"

"Something's about to happen." Jasper responds, causing everyone to furrow their brows. "I just heard a news that Penelope will be staying here for a couple of days. It's unknown why, but I think Clary's the reason."

The blue haired boy instantly froze in his spot, eyes widening. Suddenly all sounds were gone as only one ringing sound filled his ears, feeling like his world is crumbling down, and then his breathing starts to become uneven. All those years of so many things that he went through came crushing down on him and flashbacks cross his mind one by one, all worse involving Penelope. The room starts to spin around as his vision blurred, body shaking almost violently, before his knees gave out.

Fortunately, Jasper was right in front of him to catch him on time. "Brian!" He and Tristan shouted. The Thornhill didn't even notice that Tristan had rushed towards him as soon as Penelope's name was mentioned.

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit." Tristan curses repeatedly when Brian began losing control of his breathing.

The others were already gathered around them worried ― specially Alec ― none of them knowing what to do upon seeing the situation he's in. "What's happening!?" Clary and Alec asked at the same time, everyone looking at the brown haired boy.

"Really!? Don't you guys know what a panic attack is?"

Jasper shot him a glare, "Not now."

The older Lightwood kneeled beside Brian as he took his hands in his. "Hey, try breathing slowly. Don't rush it." Advised Alec, stroking his back and exaggerating his slow breathing for Brian to mimick it. But it wasn't easy as all Brian could think about was Penelope and that didn't help. "Hey, hey, hey." He gently holds the Thornhill's face in his hands. "Think about something else."