𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. ーRELIVING TRAUMA.

BREAK FREE 18 : 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚 !

TRIGGER WARNING !!

the following chapter contains implied torture and depiction of self-harm that may be triggering for some readers. proceed with caution.

THE SOUND OF RATTLING CHAINS fill the darkness of the basement where he was kept in due to the constant movement of his body from being lifted in the air with only those chains keeping him up. His wrists burned heavily, the rough material of bronze cutting through his skin and making a small portion of blood run down his arms. Yet, those burns were nothing compared to the agonizing pain all throughout his entire body.

His head was pounding, headache assaulting his brain due to how many times he was hit across with something. Brian couldn't remember what it was, but he hoped Penelope hadn't hit him hard enough to give him concussion.

The air in the basement was colder than any winter he's ever felt. It's a different kind of cold, where it'll make you feel like you're utterly alone and lonely, even though you know there are few people you can count on. Strange, really. He's never felt so alone and such loneliness except whenever he comes back to this place to receive punishments for not being good enough. The pain is always bearable, he's used to it, but the loneliness never failed to greatly affect him.

A restrained groan leaves his throat as he let his head fall back, throat dry and stomach almost growling in hunger. But he can't eat. He doesn't want to repeat the same mistake of eating without permission, or even doing something. Shutting his eyes close, Brian weakly shakes the memories off.

The door creaks slowly and comes the sound of heels clicking against the cemented ground, causing Brian's entire body to stiffen. Nerves skyrocketing with his heart jackhammering against his chest, fear consumes Brian that he's quick to hide by displaying a look of disinterest mixed with emotionless expression - like he always does.

"Learned your lesson?" Penelope asked with cockiness in her tone, a sickening smirk across her red lips. She stops in front of him and crosses her arms above her chest, watching Brian lean his head on his arm and nod silently.

Grinning, pleased at his obedience, Penelope steps closer to take his face in one hand, forcing him to look at her. "The training's done, so I'll let you go. But hear me when I say this, my sweet boy. You fail another simple task and the next punishment will be much worse and painful. You certainly do not want that, do you, my boy?"