𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. ーFEELINGS AND EMOTIONS.

BREAK FREE 08 ; 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 !

THE SHADOWHUNTERS ARE BACK IN the Institute again, another new tensions visible in the air as they walk through the control center. Alec was quick to separate from them, a hard look on his face and still affected by the argument he had with Jace. The blonde could only watch as his parabatai walked out on him, his shoulders dropping.

Piercing glare on his brown eyes, Brian leaned closer to Clary as she was met with a stone cold, heartless expression on his face; one that he had when he first arrived here in New York Institute. "Look at the damage you've caused." He whispered in a tone that leaked of distaste. Clary looked at him, her eyes glinting below the lights. Brian didn't wait for a reply and shoved past her, his shoulder bumping against hers purposely in the process.

Tristan watched his parabatai go, knowing too well he's going to find Alec. He ignored the ache in his heart for now and slowly approached Clary. "You shouldn't take it personally. Brian's always like that, being harsh and couldn't keep his mouth from throwing an insult here and there like he would die if he didn't." He jokes, trying to lighten up the mood.

Everyone appreciated his attempt and smiled a small ones.

Isabelle hooks her arm around Tristan's very slightly muscular one as he gently patted Clary's shoulder before they walked away, deciding to spend their time together and giving the best friends some privacy. They walked around the Institute, stopping just beside the stairs.

"So, how are you feeling?" The beauty asked, seeing right through him. He was struggling with something, she could tell.

Tristan sighs. Not that he'd admit it out loud, but he was glad Isabelle asked. Unlike Brian who doesn't want to talk about feelings, Tristan is quite vocal about how he feels and he rather talks about it than avoid. It's a lot harder for him when he bottles up all of them inside and doesn't know when it'll explode. That just exhaust him more than he thought it would. "I'm not really sure, Izzy." He shrugs, shoulders slumped. "I might be feeling some kind of fear, to be honest. It's eating me from the inside."

Isabelle nods, encouraging him to continue. "Ever since I was a kid, I have always been the second choice. Nobody ever chose me first, even my parents. They wanted to do their job more than spend their time with me while my friends had their own best friends that they'd rather be with. Brian was the only one who didn't make me a second choice." He sighed, doing some gestures with his hands while he talks. "That's enough for me, you know? I don't ask for more."

"Then what are you afraid of?" Isabelle softly questions.

"I'm afraid that... that I might become a second choice for him." He stuttered as tears starts to well up in his eyes. "I mean, we all can see how they're getting close to each other." He chuckles a breathy one, preventing himself from crying.