CHAPTER FOURTEEN

*✧・゚:* DEAD TO ME *:・゚✧*

✧━━━━━━━━━━━✧

ON THE DAY of the Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw match, it had snowed, tiny bundles of ice fluttering down onto the Quidditch pitch and onto Indiana's eyelashes. It littered over her brown velour sweatpants and her gloves, and she tugged her black coat closer to her body in hopes to retain a bit of warmth. She was ecstatic that Slytherin wasn't playing; playing in snow or rain was never good for Quidditch matches.

"Focillo," Theodore muttered from beside her, pointing it at her hands that had been clenching and unclenching in hopes of gaining feeling back. A wave of heavy warmth washed over her fingers tips, and she wiggled them out in front of her before sending Theo a charming smile.

"Thanks," She chirped, scrunching her nose and scooting closer to him. "Fuckin' cold, innit?"

"Got that right," Theo whipped his head side to side, shaking snow out of his hair. "You think Ravenclaw'll win?"

"Not if Potter's playing," Indiana muttered, although a part of her was guiltily hoping that Potter was indeed playing so she could watch. "Next game, I say we kidnap him so he can't play."

"Sounds like a plan," Theo flashed his teeth in a grin. "Oh, it's starting!"

"Cuddle up, then," Indiana told him, scooting herself closer to him so their sides were touching. "No way my body's goin' numb during this shit."

Ravenclaw walked out first, Anthony Goldstein at the front of them, looking rather annoyed at the state of the weather. The rest of the Ravenclaws shared the same expression, kicking the snow with their boots and looking grim. When the Gryffindors came out, they seemed upset as well, but Indiana watched Potter look up into the sky and grin over at Weasley and Dean Thomas before shaking his head left and right, shaking snow out of his hair like a dog. Her heart lurched and she made it a point to look away from him entirely. Must be her period or something.

It had been, however, quite difficult indeed to look away from the Gryffindor Seeker. No matter where Indiana's eyes drifted off to, she could see him out of her peripheral vision, hovering in midair, shaking snow out of his hair, or whizzing about with his chest pressed onto the length of his broom.

The commentator announced a goal from Ravenclaw and then a goal from Gryffindor, the players whizzing by where Indiana and Theo were sat in the stands so fast that they were perceived as only blurs of blue and red. Indiana decided to stare at Anthony Goldstein, an average looking Ravenclaw in her year with spiky brown and hazel eyes who played Keeper; of course, it had gotten quite difficult when half-way through the game, she caught Potter looking over at her and Theo.

His brows were furrowed deeply, eyes squinted like the pair of Slytherins had done something to confuse or anger him. Indiana blinked and glanced away, suddenly very interested in the white lace detailing of her initials on her black gloves. It wasn't until she heard Weasley shout, "HARRY, BLUDGER!" that she snapped her head back up to the game with wide eyes.