CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

*✧・゚:* DEAD TO ME *:・゚✧*

TW: mentions of abuse but that's it!

✧━━━━━━━━━━━✧

"I WON'T ALLOW it."

Indiana was sure her eyes might slip out of their sockets if she rolled them again. The level of frustration within her was rising to a dangerous level, and both deep breathing and avoiding the problem did nothing to help her case. It was dreadfully difficult to try and pack up all of her things while her Father followed her around the house.

"Do you hear me, Indiana?" her father's voice boomed, as he stood underneath her doorframe like a force of nature, his six-foot figure towering over her room like a mighty oak tree, unable to fall down. "You are not allowed to live with a Blood Traitor such as a Potter!"

"Good thing I didn't ask," Indiana muttered, slinging a rather large duffle bag over her shoulder.

With a swish of her wand, all of the clothes within her closet took flight before folding themselves up and settling within a medium sized box. Her bedroom, bare except for her bed and nightstand, was rather large and extravagant, but she couldn't wait to get out. Crossing the room in three strides, she halted right before her father. Searching within herself for a smidge of Gryffindor bravery, she took a deep breath.

"Please move aside," she said in a steady voice, a tight grip on her duffle bag and her fingers clutched tightly around her wand, prepared to defend herself if necessary. "I am an adult. You cannot keep me here."

"I am your father," he said in a deep, demanding tone. Indiana pursed her lips angrily.

"You sure haven't acted like it," she quipped. "So move over and let me live my life, please."

Jack Jones stared at her, his small, dark eyes trained on hers as though testing her strength. Indiana did not let her face nor her stance falter, frightened that even the slightest of movements might convince him she was bluffing. He blinked once, taking a very heavy breath, before he stepped back and aside.

"If you walk out that front door, Indiana," he began dangerously, walking over and brushed past her. Before disappearing entirely, he said, "And I find out you're living with Potter, you will not be welcomed back."

Indiana halted. She glanced at the open door of Simon's bedroom and saw the top of his head fly back inside of the room. There was a twisting in her chest at the thought of never being able to return to the Jones Manor; there was a mix of both horrific and wonderful memories in the house, but what made her hesitate was her brother. She could not leave him with that god awful man.

"Go, Indie," came a smaller voice. She turned her head to see Simon, frowning, but with bright eyes. His hands were shrugged into the pockets of his shorts, and when she stepped closer to him, he took them out to give her a hug. She welcomed the embrace, holding him tight. "Go with Potter, okay? I'll be okay."