7

"What the hell do I do?" Patrick asked his friend.

"You embarrassed the girl. Do something to even out the score." Patrick's friend replied.

"Sweet love, renew thy force!" Patrick's other friend quoted the famous Shakespeare.

"Hey don't say shit like that to me! People can hear you" Patrick whispered.

"What the hell am I supposed to do!?" Patrick followed.

"Well what about all the money that Ashley gave you... I'm sure some AV geek could get you access to the intercom for the right price?" The scrawny boy replied.

"That could work, but then I would be using Ashley's dirty money and also where could I-" Patrick stop himself mid sentence and looked over at a table with two cheerleaders sitting at it. The poms practice, of course! It was staring him right in the face and he had totally missed it. He would sing her a love song at the poms try outs and win her back!

"Bingo!" He said out loud.

So thus his quest began. He scoured the hallways for every single AV club member he could find. Once he got what he needed from them he searched out the techies so he could get his hands on a microphone.

"It's gonna cost you." A greasy boy with acne spat out.

"I'll give you twenty bucks" Patrick rolled his eyes.

"Twenty five" The cheese brain bargained.

"Twenty, final offer" The large man scowled.

In fear for his life and his glasses he took the money and told Patrick where to get the microphone.

"Pleasure doing business with you." Patrick smirked.

Everything was in place now all he needed to do was wait...

~~~~~~~

It was 4 o'clock and Aurora Jean McIllroy was getting ready for possibly one of the largest and most important tryouts of her life. After learning from the captains: Agnes and Tiffany, Padua was one of the best poms teams in the area and that being apart the team would practically guarantee her a spot at the top dance schools.

Her hands were shaking. The sweat one her neck was practically pooling. With every step she took she could feel her knees buckle and break as she walked on to the field.

"Alright girl, line up on the forty yard line in height order tallest to smallest!" Captain Tiffany hollered.

"Ok ladies, today we will put you through one of the toughest auditions you will ever face in your very unpromising life." Agnes shouted.

"Already looking at some of you I can tell that you will fail, miserably." She continued.

"Alright so we'll start of with role call: Aurora?"

"Here!" Rory piped.

"Oh god we've got a sheep..." Tiffany whispered to her side kick. But before the girls could continue the stadiums intercom went to static.

"You're just too good to be true.
Cant take my eyes off you.
You'd be like heave to touch,
I wanna hold you so much.
At long last, love has arrived
And I thank god I'm alive.
You're just too good to be true.
Cant take my eyes off of you..."

Then the drum major blew his whistle and the band started their tune.

Rory couldn't believe what she was seeing. Patrick Verona performing a grand romantic gesture and not only that but singing it!

"I love you, baby
And if it's quite alright
I need you, baby
To warm the lonely night
I love you, baby
Trust in me when I say
Oh, pretty baby
Don't bring me down, I pray
Oh, pretty baby
Now that I've found you, stay
And let me love you, baby
Let me love you"

She had to admit he had a nice set of pipes.

"Oh shit!" Patrick shouted as he saw campus security heading towards him. And thus the wild goose chase had begun. First Patrick went left and hopped down a few seats. But the guard was gaining on him so he went right. Even though he had tried to plot on the fly he couldn't escape. The guards had already caught him up to him and were on their way to whisk him into detention. Before he was taken from the station he sent a little salute and a wink out to all the cheer leaders below and of course all of them were swoon but there was only one girl it was meant for.

'Holy shit...' Rory thought. 'He stuck his neck out for me and put his affections out on Display for the world to see just to show that he cares about me...'

"OMG I have to bust him out!" Instead of keeping this inter dialogue to herself she accidentally blurted it out to the girls next to her.
~~~~~~~
A/N: Hello everyone. I am so sorry it been a minute since I've updated but I have some exciting news. I know how I'm going to wrap up this book and I am already planning a sequel as well as another piece of writing that doesn't have to do with 10TUHAY. Anyways thanks for sticking around and keep on readin' 💜