2

As the fifth period bell rang Rory sighed with relief knowing that it was time for lunch. Still clutching her school map to her she could make her way to the lunchroom.

When she got there she was overwhelmed with how big the room is and how many people were in there so she did the only logical thing and got in line and to just her luck her 'BFF' Patrick Verona was standing right next to her.

"So Mary what do I owe the pleasure of this unplanned visit." Patrick Smirked at her.

"Ugh dumb luck and missfourtune." Rory groaned.

"Aww C'mon you don't mean that, face it Mary seeing me is what puts pep in your step, or butterflies in your stomach." he whispered in her ear.

"UGH get bent Verona!" She spat out as she walked away from the line. Only one problem: she had no clue where to sit. It was a minefield. If she sat with the wrong people she was stuck there for the rest of her high school career. The outskirts were where the burnouts sat and she knew what that felt like to be left out. But the inner circle of the cafeteria was even more dangerous. To put herself out there and be rejected would be the end of her social career. It felt like all the walls were closing, the world itself collapsing in on its weight.

"Hey," a Familiar voice piped up. As Rory got her head out of the clouds she finish her thought she realised it was the friendly face of the boy Gideon she had met earlier.

"Sup Rory you looked a little lost, why don't you come sit with us" Gideon spoke to her with a kind smile.

"Yeah sure." Rory smiled back.

Gideon walked Rory over to his table with his friends in the center of the cafeteria. Everyone at the table looked like they were straight out of a magazine, they looked so... established and put together.  But most importantly they looked friendly.

"Everyone this is Rory, Rory this is everyone." Gideon announced to the table. They all looked at her with welcoming kind faces then they looked at Gideon with a look of confusion. Rory sat down next to Gideon with a blond girl on the other side of her.

"Ashley Nottingham, please to meet you." The blond girl said sticking her hand out for Rory to shake it.
"Aurora, but I go by Rory," She smiled at the girl.

As lunch progressed Rory felt more and more included with the group. She wasn't Roaming Rory and she certainly wasn't the Virgin Mary. She was just Rory, she knew everything was going good, almost too good.

"Wow Mary, I didn't know you hung out with this twat Montegue," Patrick Verona sneered at her.

"Verona, shouldn't you be harvesting your organs for another stereo set." Ashley sneered back.

"Funny, a month ago you would have bought that organ just so could have another piece of me," Patrick said as he bent down on the table

Ashley slightly gasped to what the muscley man said to the skinny blond. Once she composed herself she said nothing and just rolled her eyes at him.

"Verona are you obsessed with me," Rory questioned the tall boy

"Only if you want to be." Patrick winked at her.

Finally the lunch bell rang Rory got up from her seat and grabbed her bag so she could get to her next class.

"See ya at four Verona," Rory rolled her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~

After the bell rang Rory made her way through the Padua hallways, of course still running into her fellow classmates and getting very lost on her way.

After a few wrong turns she finally made it to the library and wow was it so mesmerizing. The minimalist ceiling art mixed with the cathedral-esque windows were absolutely breathtaking. Now to look for Patrick Verona. She walked around the library more or less looking at the room instead of looking for her partner.