10

It was around two o clock when the pair pulled up to Rory's house in Patrick's mint truck.

Driving with Patrick was frightening this time. He couldn't keep his eyes on the road, every chance he got he kept his eyes glued on Rory. Every laugh she let out. Every deep breath she took. And when she did that thing where she looked out the window for a long time ,well that captivated Patrick.

"So, is that balderdash that people say about you true?" Rory asked with a playful smirk.

"What? Balderdash?" Patrick laughed.

"Hey don't laugh at my extremely advanced vocabulary. But you know what I mean. When people say that you sold your liver and stuff." She expanded.

"Ok Mary, you want to know the real story?" Patrick asked her with a seriouus face.

"Yes I do!" She nodded in agreement.

"Ok that week I had terrible stomachs pains, I'm talking couldn't get out of bed, roll on the floor like a baby pains. So I went to the ER and they said my appendix had burst and that I needed it taken out right away. I went into surgery that night and was out of school for a few days. Well my stereo had gone out in my truck that week so I went to an auto body shop  to get them fixed. And then I came back to school with a scar on me and new speakers, and in case you couldn't tell people at Padua like to talk." Patrick went on. "But long story short I still have a liver, and my speakers were acquired legally." He chucked.

Patrick pulled up to the curb of Rory's house and turned off the car. He unbuckled his seat belt and opened his door. He got of the truck and walked to the other side where Rory was. He opened the door for her. "M'lady." He said putting his hand out for her to grab.

"Good sir..." Rory blushed taking his hand. It was almost comical how small Rory's hand looked in his and her hands weren't even that small.

Patrick locked his fingers around her's as she stepped out of his truck.

"So what about the duck?" Rory asked again.

"I ate some tai food." Patrick rebutted.

"The state trooper?"

"Fallacy." He stated walking hand and with her. They stepped up on to Rory's front porch and Rory lead them to her porch swing and the pair sat down. She started lightly pushing her feet back and forth carefully rocking the swing slowly.

"So what about you Mary? What about your life?" Patrick inquired putting his arm behind her.

"What?" Rory laughed "Me? Verona, I hate to brake it to you. But I am not that interesting. I went to a catholic in the middle of butt fuck no where, Ohio."

"Oh really. Well in the past two hours you have proved to me that you are the most bold..." he said placing a kiss on Rory's neck. "...Adventurous..." placing another one. "...Wild..."
Planting another kiss on her "and incredibly sexy woman I have ever met." He smiled at her again.

Rory had never been complimented like how Patrick just did. She had also never been kissed like that before, they weren't forceful kisses but rather, kind gentle and ones.

Patrick brought his hand up to Rory's face and lightly brushed his thumb over her jaw.
"Aurora will you go to prom with me?" He asked with his signature smile on his face.

"What?" Rory let out in awe. A piece of hair falling in her face.

"Cmon, it'll be fun!" He insisted push the hair back behind her ear. "We could do the dancing thing, and I'll wear a suit, and I'll ring the door bell and wait for your dad to answer and I'll give you pretty flowers..."

"Yeah, Patrick I know what a freaking prom is." She joked back. "It's just- I'd have to find a dress, and then I'd have to tell my dad, and then I'd have to listen to the 'daddy's little girl speech' and-"

"Wow are you nervous about me meeting your dad?" Patrick cut her off.

"Well, yeah, he's not used to me talking to guys who look like they surpassed the age of twelve."

"You have nothing to worry about! I'm a great upstanding citizen! You dad's gonna love me." Patrick laughed. "So cmon, what do you say?"

Rory took a deep breath, she considered her options. No- she was fed up with doing everything by the rules! Plus no risk, no reward!

"Ok." She exhaled. "I will go with you to prom." She smiled leaning into Patrick.

He connects their lips and kissed her, something he had been thinking about doing all day.