✧ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 ✧

??? : 𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚠

"𝙞 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 "

Long ago, before everything, before 'xiao'- who were you?

What made you block yourself off from connection, from feelings, why did you nullify yourself to the wonders of the world, turn yourself bitter? Was it something so adverse that you can not remember?

Or perhaps you choose not to.

Darkness. The ambiance of despair and desolation is all that xiao could feel as he hung limply from the rough red binds that he knew all too well was just in his mind.

He swore that he had heard a voice but as hard as he strained he could not recollect anything.

But what was that just now?

As the yaksha questioned, a small breeze, as gentle as a dandelion, blew through his silky strands of hair. He saw the outline of an unfamiliar figure who had appeared out of nowhere and was somehow visible in this distinct obscurity.

They did nothing to help the adeptus, just stood gazing at him from afar. Xiao couldn't see them speak but heard the words of the individual emanate throughout his mind. The scene suddenly got brighter, and he could feel his subconsciousness coming to a close, before he could catch a glimpse of the figure.

"I will wait for you."

———

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

The yaksha awoke to the soft pounding of falling water. He scanned his surroundings and remembered that he and (y/n) had started their journey the day before and decided to stop here for the night.

Xiao was on the floor, resting against a tree, the thick bark of its trunk being comfortable for him. The yaksha looked up and watched a single dew water droplet race it's way down a leaf before it slowly splattered next to him as gravity pulled it to the ground.

To the opposite side of him, lay (y/n) their sleeping figure blending in with the peacefulness of Liyue.

The two of them hadn't gotten very far in their travels, they simple walked north from the inn in complete silence before the two crashed here. The talk of collaboration to complete this joint goal seemed way different than xiao had thought by the way (y/n) presented the idea.