Ch 10

As they approached the main part of the port, there was a crowd of people around a man yelling. "This lantern rite, come watch the execution of the now found bountied adeptus that betrayed the city!!"

Y/n quickly turned to Aether. "Xiao??"

Maybe he was telling the truth about having a bounty on his head. To be honest, y/n couldn't quite believe that a whole nation would go after their protector for just a mere thing. Nonetheless, it still shocked them to a large extent.

Y/n wanted to run up to the man and ask him what he meant but Aether could read them as clear as glass and grabbed y/n's arm.

"Wait a second. I know people here that we can ask instead." He paused for a second and let out a sigh. "Maybe not the best of companions but he'll get us answers as long as we fight him."

Y/n's eyes flashed. They would fight anyone in all of teyvet to get Xiao back, though they weren't the best of fighters. They got a surge of determination.

"Sure let's go,"

...

Northland bank was as bright as ever, as lavishing as ever too. The fatui not afraid to show off their wealth. And in turn, their show of power attracted others to do business here so that they too could look as powerful.

As the two plus paimon walked towards the front desk, y/n noticed how fancy all of the employees' outfits were. The lady at the front desk wearing a beautiful purple and black dress with laced gloves and a mask matching those colors.

She seemed to have recognized Aether, though, from the gaze behind her mask, y/n didn't know if that was a good or bad thing.

"We're here for childe"

The front desk lady's eyes rolled but she said nothing. Y/n and Aether waited for a response, but one came not from her but from somewhere else.

"Behind youuu,"

Y/n turned around to be met with the figure of a tall man,, a ginger with eyes the color of the ocean. They also noticed the hydro vision connected at his hip.

"Ah, Childe. I need a favor," Aether nervously looked up at the tall harbinger.

"You should know comrade, that I'll do anything at the price of a good fight," the ginger smiled and glanced at y/n.

Y/n avoided contact, they could've sense him looking them up and down.

"But first, who's this?"

Y/n instinctively took a few steps back. "My name is y/n. I'm just a traveler." Y/n watched as his serious face turned into a goofy grin. They were puzzled at the change.

"Nice to meet you y/n! I see you have a vision, which means we should spare sometime." There was the slightest glint of bloodlust in his words. Y/n rarely used their vision, but didn't think now was an appropriate time to bring that up.

"Actually,, we're here to spare for some information." Aether spoke up, paimon clearly looking upset.

Childe walked to the flying fairy. "You seem as down as always. How about this so you can give us some time to ourselves?" He held up a bag of presumably mora.