✧ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 ✧

𝙶𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚝 : 𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍
𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝/𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚙𝚘𝚟

"𝙞𝙛 𝙞 𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙞𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪"

'How long could I keep loving him from afar?' was the question I asked myself every day. I finally figured out the answer, 732,459 days.

On day 732,460, I broke.

Was this inevitable? But it wasn't fair. I saved his life and in return, he falls in love with my alter.

I followed him from the skies, he was alone. I waited until he was in an enclosed area. That's when I slowly approached him.

"Venti?" He asked, though his question sounded more like a statement. We made eye contact and his glare was so fierce.

"Xiao" I nod in acknowledgment.

"Why are you here," he asked. To be honest, I didn't know. I just needed to see him.

I decided I needed to tell him the truth.

...

"Venti, what if I wanted to die. Did you ever think about that?!" He looked down.

"But you promised you'd remember me." I could feel tears threatening to leave my eyes.

"I did remember you." He said almost yelling.

I stopped and my arms went flaccid. "What?"

"When y/n touch our shoulders, I'm assuming you got that flashback as well,"

What, a flashback? What was he talking about? Was this a lie, an excuse? Maybe he didn't love me anymore.

I felt more tears well in my eyes. I bent my arm up, pointer and middle finger together, and pointed at Xiao.

I only meant for a small gust of wind to rip his clothes, but I stopped when I smelled the stench of blood.

No one touched Xiao. Not even an archon. He had let me cut him.

I turned away, I couldn't look. I guess what they say is true, anger is the ultimate fuel.

And like that, I left and vowed that I would win xiao's heart back from y/n, even if it meant killing them.