Chapter 4...

Song of the chapter: Monster - Shawn Mendes & Justin Bieber

.

Opening my eyes slowly I take in the sunshine and it fills me with joy to know that it's going to be a hot day. 
I grab my wash bag and run to the shower, as I let the warm water hit my skin it oddly reminds me of the warm rain on my first day of Deer valley school and my first encounter with Eden Harris, and although I'm still angry at him for what he did and said I can't help but also think about his good looks.

His really good looks, the way his green eyes sparkle in contrast to his muddy brown hair and how his thick brows frame his face perfectly, his full lips being my favourite shades of pink and red and his sharp jaw. Then I'm pulled back to reality and remember the mean names his sharp jaw spat at me last week in art class.
I've seen him four times since then and every time he greets me the same way..which is not at all.

His eyes suggest a different story to the silence that his lips tell. They're almost talking to me every time he looks at me, daring me to speak first, asking me to come over to him. But I know it won't end well and I'll just get hurt by something he says or does sooner or later so I keep my distance, only speaking to him when I need him to pass me a paint or paint brush.

When I see him in English class he ignores me by sitting in the back corner with Luke like he does in all his classes and it bothers me that I notice this little detail about him...that I notice so many little details about him like; how he only listens to his music until everyone's at the lunch table, everyone being him, Luke, Anna, Gracie, Oakley and I, then he puts it away almost to be...polite? How he loves painting the ocean and the beach in art class, surprisingly he's really very talented at art. I say surprisingly because I didn't think a boy with so little care for the lives of others could have enough patience or delicacy to make something so perfectly adapted to impersonate the world around him.

I apply my last layer of lipstick and re-curl my lashes before leaving my house, I decide to walk to school as it's such a nice day and I have an extra ten minutes to get there.

After I turn my third corner and see the pretty pink blossom tree Eden and I had parked at that one day when he jumped in front and inside of my car.

I turn my focus to the road when a black Audi pulls up beside me and rolls the tinted window down revealing a slightly damp Eden.
It's not even raining though, it's full of sun outside not that I'll break our cycle of silence first by asking why he's damp. I carry on walking.
"Morning Evie, do you need a ride?"  Yes, yes I do. It was a little silly of me to walk in this heat...and I've still got a couple more blocks to go. I'll be sweaty by the time I get to school, but I don't want to let him win. I know it's not a game and that no one will win or lose, it's just that I feel like I'll be in some dept to him if I let him drive me. "No, I'm fine. Thank you" He slowly rolls along the curb keeping to my pace of walking. "You sure sweetheart? You still have a little way to go you know?" Obviously I know that Eden "Yes, I know, I can walk though. Thank you." Please leave I want to win.
"Evie get in the car."  He stops the car next to me now and I turn to him crossing my arms "You know you look like a pedo right now? I should scream for help really"
He laughs and for the first time, it seems like he actually finds something funny, he's not laughing in the condescending way he usually does and I feel all my hate for him dissolve inside of me. "Evie I can make you scream if thats what you want you just have to ask nicely"
God he's so good at this  "If I get in the car then you can make me scream"
He smirks not knowing what's coming next, I jump in the car looking at him and scream. "Aahh! Oh my, sorry, your face it uhm, it scared me a little sorry it's just a bit ugly.."  This time it's my turn to laugh and he actually joins in. He has a warm laugh and it is then that I decide his laugh is my favourite of all the laughs I've heard in my lifetime.

"Wow you really hurt my feelings then Evie, you're lucky you're pretty otherwise I'd say the same back"  winking at me and turning his eyes to road I roll my eyes at his choice of nickname and look out of the window at all the passing trees and the sun hitting the flowers. I wish his windows weren't tinted, it stops the colour from being as vibrant. 

Soon we're at the school gates and he asks me "What's your first lesson Evie?"
"My name is Eve, and I have PE" Before I know it he's parking right outside the pe block and getting out of the car, my eyes follow him wondering where he's going because I know he doesn't have pe at the same time as me but my thoughts are answered when he opens my door. "There you go m'lady" I giggle stepping out of the car like a little girl "Have a good day Evie see you at lunch."
"Have a good day Eden see you at lunch." I flip him off and walk into the pe building.

After a long pe lesson in the sun, a math class and about two cans of deodorant later I'm waiting in line for lunch when Eden and Luke push in front of me both smiling and laughing like the little children they are "Morning boys" I chirp happily.
Eden moves behind me and Luke stands his ground still laughing lightly "Morning blondie and how are you on this fine day?" 
"I was fine until this dick pushed in front of me in the dinner line" I say with fake sadness. Luke laughs harder and I hear a enthusiastic Eden speak from behind me.
"Oh yeah? Wanna see mine?"
I burst out laughing and slap him in the chest only for him to grab my hand and kiss it gently making me giggle more before I snatch it away making him put his hand on his heart in mock sensitivity.

We make our way to our usual spot and meet the girls and Oakley. Anna gives Luke a huge smile and Luke greets her with a headlock whilst placing kisses atop of her head making her explode in a fit of bubbly laughter whilst Gracie and Oakley are in there own little world talking about their movie night. So I turn to Eden as he turns to me. "You're in a good mood today handsome and I'd like to know why?"
He takes a chip from my plate and answers after taking a bite.  "Handsome? I thought I was ugly this morning? And I just like the sun, it's put me in a good mood" if all he needed to be a nice guy was some nice weather I would've found a way to give him the sun. "Yeah you were ugly this morning but I recently changed my mind"  I shrug and snatch the remaining chip from his hand placing it in my mouth. "Also why were you damp when you forced me into your car earlier? It didn't rain at all"
"I went to the gym, sometimes when you workout your body produces this weird liquid called sweat, you should try it some time fatty." He grins widely at his little comment and I don't only replying with "The only thing about me that is fat, is this ass." Eden burst out laughing and so do I. I finally feel like we could be friends, maybe he's not so bad after all..maybe he just had a bad week last week.

After lunch I head to my last lesson of the day, art, I get there before Eden and take my seat. Oakley comes round like usual and gives me equipment and we make small talk until he's handed it all to me and Eden's made his way to his place beside me.

I reach for the green paint and he grabs my hand lightly placing a purple paint in my palm. "Its my turn to use all the green paint today, you can use purple like I had to, sorry not sorry babe" With a big smile he takes the green paint and I stare at him as he pours it onto his palette, pours all of it, onto his palette. He's so annoying. But I must admit, it is quite entertaining watching him do exactly what he called me childish for last week.
"Hm my friend Eden said that what you're doing is uh, what was the word? Oh yeah, childish."  He snaps his head up to me smiling "Your frienddd Eden?"  I open my mouth to speak but he beats me to it "Okay Evie okay, you've persuaded me. I'll be your friend damm no need to beg me." He gives me a smile flashing his pearly teeth and I laugh focusing back on my painting.

As I get to the school gate a familiar black Audi pulls up beside me "Hop in" I decide not to fight this time as after all, we are friends now.

"My address"-  Eden interrupts me
"Is 24 St.Clemens avenue, I remember"
Oh, maybe he's not as stupid as I assumed...still a little bit stupid though.

xx The end of yet again another chapter. Eden's actually the coolest person I can't lie and Eve is the baddest bitch in my opinion. Anyways good byeee xx