three | all these emotions

Jeongyeon drops Nayeon off at the front of the hospital, as she goes to find a parking space.

As soon as Nayeon's inside, she rushes to the ward her son is in. It doesn't take long for her to break down at the sight of her son, because all she did was go out for one night and this happens.

Sana and Momo both come over to hug her, because they know that Nayeon needs a hug after all she's been going through lately.

"Nayeon unnie, sorry about this." Sana starts off, and rubs Nayeon's hunched back. "He just looked so pale and then had trouble breathing and I-I just-"

"It's not your fault, guys. I'm just...I don't know, really. I wish I could've been there instead." Nayeon bites her bottom lip and sniffles. "So don't blame yourselves for this. No one's to blame except his blood cells." She tries to joke, but it's hard to laugh when someone you care about is in pain.

The curtain pulls back, and Jeongyeon is panting for her life. Sana and Momo stare at her, they don't speak because...what's even happening?

"Jeongyeon-ssi." Nayeon speaks formally, giving a weak smile. "This is my son, Kang Haejun."

The panting woman stands up to observe the boy, with an oxygen mask strapped around his face, peacefully asleep, as the monitor beeps to tell everyone that he's still alive.

"He looks a lot like you." Jeongyeon walks over to the other side of the bed.

Sana stands up and scratches her head. "You guys...when?"

Jeongyeon looks at the Japanese girls and waves, because it's been quite a while since she last saw them. "She was the main singer at my party tonight."

Momo opens her mouth in shock. "No wonder why the assistant kept begging for her to sing."

"Bingo." Jeongyeon shoots finger guns at her, and laughs. "It's good to see you guys again. Heard you might have watched my movie last year?"

They both nod their heads.

"Your acting was amazing, Yoo. I would've literally fallen for you if it weren't for Dahyun." Sana teases, and slaps Momo's shoulder. "You've got a new movie to shoot, don't you?"

"Yes, I hope you guys like it when it comes out." Jeongyeon bows, as if she's doing an interview, and the three of them laugh as if they had been talking last week.

The laughter fades away after some time, and they all turn to look at Nayeon, who has fallen asleep, holding Haejun's hand.

"She hasn't slept for the past two days." Sana quips. "Her room is a mess and there's no food in her kitchen, she's been so busy lately that she deserves to rest. Although I didn't expect it to be here." So that's how busy life has gotten for her.

Jeongyeon holds her hands out to shake with the two Japanese girls. "I'll be back, I'm just going back to the party quickly and I'll close everything down. Call me if there's any problems."

"We don't have your number." Momo looks up, pulling out her phone. Jeongyeon takes the phone from Momo's hand and taps her number into it, and leaves as soon as she gives it back.

The curtain closes again and Sana and Momo look down at the mother-and-son duo.

Sana's been helping Nayeon out as much as she can, but it's a struggle when the three of them are all working adults trying to make a living at the same time. In fact, Momo's been a youtuber lately, since Mukbanging and ASMR has been a trend. It earns a lot of money, a lot of which she's been using to help Nayeon pay for Haejun's hospital bills.