four | jubilee

Nayeon wakes up, her first sight being her son, who is sound asleep. She lets out a breath of relief and sits up, her back hurting from being hunched all night.

She turns to the table and find a plastic bag, which is full of food, and it seems to still be quite warm.

There's a simple note, reading 'enjoy', and Nayeon smiles to herself.

Sana enters the room, pulling back the curtains for a dramatic entrance. "Good morning, sunshine!"

"Morning." Nayeon smiles, her voice croaky. "Thanks for the food, by the way."

Sana raises her eyebrow and looks down at the white plastic bag which Nayeon is holding, and she shakes her head in confusion. "That's not from me. Or from Momo. In fact, Momo's still bringing the food up the stairs. I just rushed ahead."

"So this isn't from you?"

Sana shakes her head again. "I don't use plastic bags. But that's only because it's always Momo who carries the food."

Momo finally walks in, panting, and out of breath. "No one told me that the lift wasn't out-of-order."

"It's literally April Fools." Nayeon deadpans.

"No? It's July!" Sana face palms, taking out her phone and shoving it into both their faces. "Damn, you really lost track of time with all your work."

The oldest one groans. "I don't even remember much from the past six months. It's all been a blur, to be honest."

"No kidding." Momo laughs, and puts the food down on the bedside table. "Hey, how'd you already get food?"

"I don't know. I just found it a few minutes ago when I woke up." Nayeon stands up and yawns. "I'm going to go check with the nurses to see who it was."

Nayeon walks out of the ward and heads over to the front desk, where there are nurses and doctors huddling there. "What's going on?"

A doctor turns around to Nayeon and claps his hands in excitement. "A famous actress came by, bringing food and drinks for all the staff! She's so sweet!"

Actress? Food? Drinks?

"I'm an actress now. Surprise, I guess." Last night replays in Nayeon's mind, and everything just seems to click together.

"It doesn't happen to be Yoo Jeongyeon, does it?" Nayeon asks him, and the doctor nods.

"She's brought so much food!" The doctor is about to turn around to grab some food, but Nayeon taps his back one last time.

"Do you know where she went? Like, when she left?"

"Well, she left only a minute ago. She went to the parking lot to leave, you might still be able to catch up with her."

Nayeon rushes off before the doctor can even finish his sentence, and she takes the lift to go down to the ground floor, where she scans the area to find a familiar black car from last night.

She sees the car about to exit the lot, and she runs as fast as her heels can take her.

Jumping in front, the car stops with a halt, and Nayeon looks inside. Surprisingly enough (yet more embarrassing), it's not Jeongyeon, but rather some random old lady with the same car.

"Sorry, halmeoni." Nayeon sheepishly laughs as the car drives off, and she hears the beep of a car door locking. She looks up, and finds Jeongyeon laughing at her state.

"I just went to get you some spare clothes from the car, no need to rush." Jeongyeon cackles, carrying a paper bag this time, and handing it over to Nayeon. "You've been in those heels and that dress for the past 15 hours, you must be uncomfortable."

The older girl finds herself blushing and overwhelmed with emotions, but quickly plays it off by slapping Jeongyeon's shoulder (and also lowering her height by an inch).

"Are these your clothes?" Nayeon peeks inside the bag, to which Jeongyeon shakes her head.

"It's my ex's clothes." She begins to walk off, and Nayeon doesn't know what the hell she's feeling, but it sure feels a lot like jealousy.

"Ex? You dated someone after me?"

Jeongyeon turns around. "April fools, dummy."

"It's not April." Nayeon stares at her, and Jeongyeon turns to look at her watch.

"It's July?! Since when?"

"Since June ended, duh." Nayeon rolls her eyes and brushes past her, making her way back inside the hospital. Jeongyeon looks in shock at her watch, and huffs, rushing after Nayeon who is holding the lift doors open.

When Jeongyeon enters, Nayeon pulls her hand away and presses the button for the floor which her son is on.

"Nayeon, can I ask a question?" Jeongyeon quizzes, and the former's ears perk up. "Who's the dad of Haejun?"

"Well, I don't think you know him."

"I don't know anyone else around you either, yet you tell me about them."

"Fine." Nayeon pouts. "His name is Dongho. I already told you he lives in Italy. He had to move shortly after I told him I was pregnant, and then he came back every now and then to visit Haejun. We're going to see him in about two weeks time, if Haejun's condition gets better."

"Dongho...Kang Dongho." Jeongyeon laughs to herself, and the door opens.

However, when Nayeon and Jeongyeon both see who is waiting there, they both gasp and stare in shock.